The semantic load of the concept of “strategy” is analyzed, it is determined that the meaning of this term has changed over the last hundred years depending on the object and subject of research; The main three key concepts of strategy definition are considered, namely classical, conceptual and complex, which were singled out by Western scholars and which were partially supported by Ukrainian, as well as philosophical and organizational-managerial concept, which are singled out by purely domestic scientists. In organizations, as well as those that are due to the present, namely: change management, rapid response strategy, strategic alliances, customer relationship management system, mental aikido strategy and the strategy of the “Blue Ocean”. To develop strategic alternatives, it is recommended to take into account the following information: the main activity of the company; mission and vision, values; financial indicators; production capacity; high-quality staff; technological and technical capabilities, etc.
Based on the research, using methods of generalization, observation, comparison, recommended complex stages of choosing a company development strategy based on the formation of strategic alternatives, identified risks that strategy developers may encounter in implementing this process, which are often subjective and can be minimized when drawing up a risk management plan. These include a vague mission and vision of the company; insufficient level of competence of employees involved in the project development strategy of the company; a narrow set of tools used in the evaluation and selection of strategic alternatives; use of inaccurate information, information that has nothing to do with the choice of strategy, the choice of questionable sources of information and attitude to the process of choosing a strategy based on strategic alternatives as a formality, etc.
The recommended stages of choosing a development strategy based on the formation of strategic alternatives will allow the company to take a more comprehensive approach to processing and analyzing information for alternatives, and if necessary to adjust the existing strategy or introduce additional, to have spare processed work in the portfolio.
- Pastukhova V. V. (2002). Stratehichne upravlinnia pidpryiemstvom: filosofiia, polityka, efektyvnist' [Strate- gic management of the enterprise: philosophy, policy, efficiency]. Kyiv: KNTEU, 301 s. (in Ukrainian).
- Karloff B. (1991). Delovaja strategija [Business strategy]. M.: Jekonomika, 239 s. (in Russian).
- Mincberg G., Kuinn Dzh. (2001). Strategicheskij proces [Strategic process]. SPb.: Piter, 688 s. (in Russian).
- Ansoff I. (1989). Strategicheskoe upravlenie [Strategic management]. M.: Progress, 519 s..
- Porter M. (1998). Stratehiia konkurentsii [Competition strategies]. K.: Osnovy (in Ukrainian).
- Dovhan' L. Ye., Karakaj Yu. V., Artemenko L. P. (2009). Stratehichne upravlinnia: navch. posib. [Strategic management: a textbook]. K.: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury, 440 s. (in Ukrainian).
- Tulenkov N. (1997). Kljuchevaja pozicija strategicheskogo menedzhmenta v organizacii [The key position of strategic management in the organization]. Problemi teorii i paktiki upravlenija. No. 4, pp. 104–107 (in Russian).
- Shershn'ova Z. Ye., Obors'ka S. V. (1999). Stratehichne upravlinnia [strategic management]. Kyiv: KNEU, 384 s. (in Ukrainian).
- Saienko M. H. (2017). Stratehiia pidpryiemstva: pidruchnyk. [Enterprise strategy]. Ternopil': Ekonomichna dumka, 390 s. (in Ukrainian).
- Porter M. (2000). Konkurencija: uch. posob. [Competition: a textbook]. M.: Izd. dom “Vil'jams”, 496 s. (in Russian).
- Tompson A. A., Striklend A. Dzh. (2000). Strategicheskij menedzhment: koncepcii i situacii dlja analiza [Strategic management: concepts and situations for analysis]. M.: Izdatel'skij dom “Vil'jams”, 412 s. (in Russian)