The article is devoted to the study of new technologies in warehouses; the essence of the “distribution channel” is considered through the analysis of the definitions of this term by various authors; the difference between the supply channel, the goods movement channel and the distribution channel was analyzed; the main changes and problems in the field of distribution over the past few years have been identified; describes the most innovative technologies for digitalization of warehouses.
The results of the study showed that the implementation of the latest technologies in warehouses will ensure the coordinated and fast work of all its links. Thus, the new blockchain technology guarantees the sovereignty and protection of data transmission between the user and the company, as well as avoiding the reuse of certificates of origin through real-time tracking of goods. It is guaranteed through cryptography, visibility and data usage, as well as ensuring equal access to all network participants. This technology provides protection and, at the same time, openness of enterprise data, which in turn will help prevent unfair competition in the industry.
The Pick by Voice technology will help to significantly increase the efficiency of warehouse workers, because the operator does not waste time reading, has free hands and is not distracted by related operations.
The implementation of Radio Frequency Identification will help enterprises to maximally systematize information about the product itself, which in turn will improve and speed up work with both suppliers and customers.
Also, the introduction of robotics in warehouses will ensure the minimization of the human factor at the workplace and the reduction of employee salary costs.
In general, the advantages of implementing these technologies significantly exceed the disadvantages or risks. The main advantage is the smooth operation of the warehouse, reduction of production maintenance costs, systematized information and tracking of goods. The disadvantages are the costs of implementing these projections, which are quite expensive.
Therefore, the development of online business and the reduction of delivery times to the shortest terms have started a trend towards automation of even small warehouses. In turn, warehouses with huge flows of goods need large-scale systematization of all processes, which is possible only with the use of the latest warehousing technologies.
- Boyko E. O. (2014). Lohistychne upravlinnia pidpryiemstvom – zaporuka konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Logistic management of the enterprise guarantee of the competitiveness of the enterprise]. URL: http://rtpp.com.ua/news/2014/02/19/5/3089.html (access date August 1, 2022).
- Kalchenko A. G. (2003). Lohistyka. Pidruchnyk [Logistic. Textbook]. - Kyiv : KNEU.
- Kobzeva K. V. (2014). Metodolohichni pidkhody v upravlinni lohistychnymy zatratamy promyslovoho pidpryiemstva [Methodological approaches in the management of logistics costs of an industrial enterprise]. URL: http://manved.at.ua/publ/metodologichni_pidkhodi_v_upravlinni_logistichnimi_zatratami_promislovogo_pidpriemstv a/2-1-0-22 (access date August 3, 2022).
- Kobzeva K. V. (2007). Teoretychne obgruntuvannia stanovlennia lohistyky yak nauky [Theoretical justification of the formation of logistics as a science], Collection of scientific works: Luhansk: SNU named after V. Dalya. Economic series, 18, 61–66.
- Melnyk O. V. (2013). Novi kontseptualni pidkhody v lohistytsi [New conceptual approaches in logistics], Effective economy, 2. URL: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua. (application date August 3, 2022).
- Ponomaryova Yu. V. (2003). Lohistyka: navchalnyi posibnyk [Logistics: manual]. K: Tsentr navchalnoho vyrobnytstva, 328 s.
- Churylov S. V. (2014). Lohistychne upravlinnia pidpryiemstvom: teoretychnyi aspekt [Logistics management of the enterprise: theoretical aspect]. URL: http://pk.napks.edu.ua/library/compilations_vak/eiu/2012/6/p_142_147.pdf. (application date August 5, 2022).
- Dudar T. H., Voloshyn R. V. (2012). Osnovy lohistyky: navchalnyi posibnyk [Basics of logistics, Study guide]. K.: Tsentr uchbovoi literatury, 176.
- Marchenko V. M., Shutyuk V. V. (2018). Lohistyka: pidruchnyk [Logistics: textbook]. K.: Publishing House “Artek”, 312 p.
- Kotler F., Keller K. (2010). Marketing management, Books of production – Center for educational production. Collection of scientific papers, 12, 816 p.
- Krykavskyi E. V., Kosar N. S., Chubala A. (2009). Marketynhova polityka rozpodilu: navch. posib. [Marketing policy of distribution: study guide]. Lviv: Vydavnytstvo Natsionalnoho universytetu “Lvivska politekhnika”, 205–220.
- Krykavskyi E. V. (2009). Marketynhova polityka rozpodilu: navch. posib. [Marketing policy of distribution: study guide]. Vydavnytstvo Natsionalnoho universytetu “Lvivska politekhnika”, 66–78.
- The official website of Studopedia (2020). Distribution channels in the enterprise’s marketing environment. UBL: https://studopedia.org/2-118493.html (accessed August 7, 2022).
- Keleher J. (2022). Eight channels of distribution for Marketing. URL: https://www.brafton.com/blog/ distribution/channels-of-distribution/ (accessed 7 August 2022).
- Mignola D. (2022). Distribution and the New Normal: Embracing Remote and Virtual Distribution. URL: https://www.acumatica.com/blog/virtual-distribution/ (accessed August 7, 2022).
- Kagermann H., Anderl R., Gausemeier J., Schuh G., Wahlster W. (2016) Industries 4.0 in a Global Context: Strategies for Cooperating with International Partners. Herbert Utz Verlag, 19–21. URL: https://books.google.com.ua/ books?hl=en&lr=&id=6BidDQAAQBAJ&oi=fnd&pg=PA5&dq=Kagermann+H,+Anderl+R,+Gausemeier+J, +Schuh+G,+Wahlster+W.+Industries+4.0+in+a+Global+Context:+Strategies+for+Cooperating+with+International+ Partners (accessed 10 August 2022).
- Dujmešić N., Bajor I., Rožić T. (2018). Intelligent Warehouse Management System. URL: https://hrcak.srce.hr/204475 (accessed 11 August 2022).
- Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy vid 17 sichnia 2018r. No. 67-r “Pro skhvalennia Kontseptsii rozvytku tsyfrovoi ekonomiky ta suspilstva Ukrainy na 2018–2020 roky ta zatverdzhennia planu zakhodiv shchodo yii realizatsii” [Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated January 17, 2018. No. 67-r “On the approval of the Concept of the development of the digital economy and society of Ukraine for 2018–2020 and the approval of the plan of measures for its implementation”]. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/67-2018-%D1%80 (date of application August 1, 2022).
- Shtec T. F. (2019). Doslidzhennia kontseptualnykh kharakterystyk sektora tsyfrovoi ekonomiky [Study of conceptual characteristics of the digital economy sector]. Ekonomika ta biznes, Biznes Informatsiia, 3, 91–95.
- Larry M. (2021). Robots in Warehousing. URL: https://www.robotics.org/userAssets/riaUploads/file/ TH_RIA_Larry_Sweet_distribution.pdf. (application date August 10, 2022).