Problem setting. More recently, the problem of the shortage of skilled personnel in Ukraine has become significantly aggravated, primarily due to emigratory mood of young people. To maximize the implementation of labor potential, it is necessary to identify and minimize the relevant human resource risks that may arise during the development of the organization, in particular of local authorities. After all, the functioning of many spheres of the state as a whole depends on the efficiency of local governments activities.
Recent research and publication analysis. The concept and classification of human resource risks were considered and presented in the works of A. Alaverdov, O. Diomin, V. Zhukovska, L. Ischuk, V. Rodchenko, G. Rekun, O. Pakhlova, S. Lobazova, O. Smagulov. V. Fedoseev and M. Khromov investigated the causes of human resources risks. E. Bulanova developed methods for identifying the causes and factors of human resources risks, accounting for them, and minimizing the influence. N. Kazakova, Zh. Denisova, O. Kalmykova studied the minimization of human resource risks in the management of civil service personnel with the help of psychological influence.
Highlighting previously unsettled parts of the general problem. Despite the elaboration of many aspects of this issue, the definition, specificity, and classification of human resource risks in local government bodies have been studied insufficiently and require a more thorough study and justification.
The purpose of the paper is to identify and classify human resource risks in the personnel management system in local government bodies in Ukraine.
Paper main body. Personnel management is a multifaceted and complex process, which is characterized by specific features and patterns. Human resource risks are an integral part of the HR management system. According to the majority of scientists, the activities of the organization are impossible without human resource risks. The main reason for human resource risks is the unpredictability of human behavior, which generates a significant range of possible solutions to problems and their consequences.
Human resource risks in each area have their own characteristics. The wording of the concept of “human resource risks” in local government bodies is not officially fixed. Today, this term is also insufficiently developed in the scientific literature. Taking into account the specifics of these bodies, it can be taken as a basis that human resource risks in the personnel management system in local government bodies in Ukraine are a set of threats to personnel and the local government body as a whole, associated with factors of the personal factor, economic nature and the specifics of the social and professional environment of civil servants.
The personnel hazard at each stage of work with the cadre potential can be generated by the following factors: technical, technological, motivational, psychological, and corruption. An important point in changing personnel hazards is circumstances that change over time. This includes the situation in the country, the team, the official's family, his/her character, needs, priorities. Today, during the quarantine period, technical and technological risks are especially relevant. They can simplify most procedures for obtaining services to protect workers from danger. However, there is another side to this situation – the psychological side. Not every official is capable of drastically changing his/her work schedule. These changes are especially difficult for aged employees.
Conclusions of the research and prospects for further studies. Each personnel risk is constantly changing, crowding out stereotypes, and requires due attention from the management. It is extremely urgent today to increase the level of digitalization. It is the flexibility of the personnel management system that can become the basis for unlocking the long-term potential of local authorities, although the identification of human resource risks and their minimization is a long and difficult process.
- Sankt-Peterburg ; Kiev: Izdatelskij dom “Viljams”. 272 p. [in Russian].
- Mill, Dzh. S. (1990). Osnovy politicheskoj jekonomii i nekotorye aspekty ih prilozhenija k socialnoj filosofii. Moskva: Progress. 352 p. [in Russian].
- Marshall, A. (1993). Principy jekonomicheskoj nauki. (Vol. 2, 351 p.). Moskva: Progress [in Russian].
- Pigu, A. S. (1985). Jekonomicheskaja teorija blagosostojanija. (Vol. 1. 512 p.). Moskva: Progress [in Ukrainian].
- Pakhlova, O. V. (2014). Otsinka ryzykiv personalu v umovakh vyrobnychoho pidpryiemstva. Naukovyi visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu, Issue 9 (1), pp. 136-140 [in Ukrainian].
- Badalova, A. G., Moskvitin, K. P. (2005). Kadry riska: upravlenie kadrovymi riskami predprijatija. Rossijskoe predprinimatelstvo, Vol. 6, № 7, pp. 92-98 [in Russian].
- Harmash, Yu. O., Derid, I. O. (2017). Kadrovi ryzyky v mizhnarodnomu biznesi. Visnyk Kharkivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V. N. Karazina, № 6, pp. 33-37 [in Ukrainian].
- Informatsiia pro stan vnutrishnoho kontroliu ta vnutrishnoho audytu u 2019 rotsi. (2021). URL : https://tinyurl.com/y6493htk [in Ukrainian].
- Oluiko, V. M. [et al.] & Oluiko, V. M (Ed.). (2018). Upravlinnia personalom v umovakh detsentralizatsii. Kyiv. 504 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Menshova, V. N., Stupak, I. M. (2011). Kadrovaja rabota v sfere gosudarstvennogo i municipalnogo upravlenija: zony riska. Sovremennye issledovanija socialnyh problem, Vol. 7, № 3. URL : https://tinyurl.com/y5kgcnft [in Russian].
- Banchuk, O. (2012). Zapobihannia i protydiia koruptsii v orhanakh mistsevoho samovriaduvannia. Kyiv: TOV “Sofiia-A”. 88 p. [in Ukrainian].
- Yaremenko, S., Yaremenko, O. (2016). Praktychni pidkhody do upravlinnia koruptsiinymy ryzykamy pry pryiniatti kadrovykh rishen na publichnii sluzhbi. Derzhsluzhbovets. № 9. URL : https://i.factor.ua/ukr/journals/ds/2016/september/issue-9/article-21388.html [in Ukrainian].
- Bulanova, E. N. & Potemkina, V. K. (Ed.). (2007). Opredelenie ponjatija kadrovogo riska. In Upravlenie personalom. Uchenye zapiski. – Sankt-Peterburh: Izd-vo Sankt-Peterburgskoj akademii upravlenija personalom. 334 p. [in Russian].
- Tsvetkova, I. I., Barabanshchykova, T. I. (2012). Typolohizatsiia kadrovykh ryzykiv. Kultura narodov Prychernomoria. Problemy materyalnoi kultury – ekonomycheskye nauky. URL : http://dspace.nbuv.gov.ua/ bitstream/handle/123456789/91116/40-Tsvetkova.pdf?sequence=1 [in Russian].