Problem statement. A lack of professional practicing in the course of studies was identified by nursing students, educators, practitioners and other stakeholders as one of the main challenges in higher and continuous nursing education. Quite often, graduates of nursing colleges, institutes and academies come to work without stable practical skills. After all, nursing curriculum focuses mostly on teaching in a speculative, abstract manner. As of February 24, 2022, in connection with the full-scale invasion of the Russian Federation on the territory of Ukraine, nursing students are actually deprived of the opportunity to work at the patient’s bedside, develop practical skills in a real environment. The inconsistency of the education content and educational paradigm in Ukraine with the most recent world trends in nursing and current health care needs is a concern to be addressed.
The solution of the stated problem can be achieved through introducing a system of dual nursing education based on equal and responsible partnership between nursing educators and practitioners.
Analysis of the latest literature on the issue raised in the article shows a strong interest of Ukrainian scientific community in many dual education concepts, including nursing.
The problem of introduction and peculiarities of dual education is addressed in the papers of G.G. Oleskova, M.A. Azhazhi, Y.O. Dovgenko, L.I. Yaremenko, Y.V. Yare- menko, O.L. Kravchenko, L. V. Martsenyuk and O. V. Gruzdev.
However, despite a significant number of research papers highlighting various problematic aspects of the dual education system, the research of dual education during the training of nurses has been covered inadequately.
Presenting main material. The term of «dual system» comes from the Latin «dualis», double. This system, which provides for the coordinated interaction of the educational and industrial spheres in the training of qualified personnel of a certain profile within the framework of organizationally different forms of training was developed in the mid-60s of the last century in the Federal Republic of Germany (FRG). Subsequently, this system was adopted by Canada, Austria, Switzerland, and other countries.
The development of the dual education system in Ukraine was commenced in 2015. Since the very beginning, dual education has been considered effective for applied specialties related to production. Nursing care can be interpreted as the production of a certain list of services by nursing staff, and therefore the dual education system can be applied to the training of nurses.
The first step in introducing the dual form of nursing education should be a joint decision made by the educational institution and the employer. Next, it is required to monitor the labor market potential, determine the list of specialties (professions) for which educational programs of the dual form of education will be developed, approve their list, adopt relevant internal documents, and conclude relevant agreements.
The implementation of the dual educational process involves the development of an educational program meeting professional standards and requirements for the competencies of future nursing professionals.
Conclusions and prospects for further research. The introduction of a dual education system in nursing will improve the practical training of nursing staff, align the same with the practical medicine standards and the labor market requirements, contribute to the updating of academic content, increase the competitiveness of graduates of nursing educational institutions, as well as encourage students to study.
In response to the challenges of nursing development, to promote the introduction of a dual education system in the training of nurses, it is advisable to hold more conferences and round tables, as well as create platforms for interaction between all stakeholders who care about nursing.
- Azhazha, M. A. (2019). Upravlinnia protsesom uprovadzhennia dualnoi osvity v profesiinu pidhotovku maibutnikh fakhivtsiv. Publichne upravlinnia ta mytne administruvannia. № 1(20). S. 14–24. URL: http://188.8.131.52/jspui/bitstream/ 123456789/3564/1/2%3D14-24.pdf.
- Dovhenko, Ya., Yaremenko, L., & Yaremenko, Yu. (2021). Vprovadzhennia dualnoi osvity u vyshi: perevahy ta ryzyky. Ekonomika ta suspilstvo, (28). DOI: https://doi.org/10.32782/2524-0072/2021-28-29.
- Dualna osvita. Sait MON Ukrainy. URL: https://mon.gov.ua/ua/osvita/profesijno- tehnichna-osvita/dualna-osvita?=print.
- Dub, N. Ye., Nechypor, N. O., Holovchak, M.I. (2020). Dualna osvita: zasib realizatsii praktychnoi pidhotovky sester medychnykh. Molodyi vchenyi modernu – fundament rozvytku osvity, nauky ta biznesu v Ukraini: materialy II Vseukrainskoi naukovo-praktychnoi onlain-konferentsii (25 lystopada 2020 roku, m. Dnipro). Dnipro: KZVO «DANO» DOR». S. 61–64.
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro vyshchu osvitu» vid 01.07.2014 r. № 1556-VII. URL: http://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1556-18.
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro osvitu» vid 05.09.2017 r. № 2145-VIII. URL: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2145-19.
- Zakon Ukrainy «Pro fakhovu peredvyshchu osvitu» vid 06.06.2019r. № 2745-VIII. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2745-19#Text.
- Kravchenko, O. (2021). Dualna osvita v Ukraini: vid kontseptsii do praktyky. Molodyi vchenyi, (2 (90)), 64–69. URL: https://www.molodyivchenyi.ua/ index.php/journal/article/view/373.
- Martseniuk, L. V., Hruzdiev, O. V. (2021). Dualna osvita yak zasib efektyvnoho poiednannia teorii ta praktyky. Ekonomika ta derzhava. № 3. S. 58–65. DOI: 10.32702/2306-6806.2021.3.58.
- Nakaz MON Ukrainy «Pro provedennia doslidno-eksperymentalnoi roboty na temu: «Profesiina pidhotovka kvalifikovanykh robitnykiv z vykorystanniam elementiv dualnoi systemy navchannia» na bazi zakladiv profesiino-tekhnichnoi osvity» vid 16.03.2015 r. № 298. URL: http://old.mon.gov.ua/files/normative/2015-04-17/3825/nmo- 298-1.pdf.
- Nakaz MON Ukrainy «Shchodo zaprovadzhennia pilotnoho proiektu u zakladakh fakhovoi peredvyshchoi ta vyshchoi osvity z pidhotovky fakhivtsiv za duanoiu formoiu zdobuttia osvity» vid 15.10.2019 r. № 1296. URL: https://mon.gov.ua/ua/npa/shodo- zaprovadzhennya-pilotnogo-proektu-u-zakladah-fahovoyi-peredvishoyi-ta-vishoyi-osviti-z-pidgotovki-fahivciv-za-dualnoyu-formoyu-zdobuttya-osviti.
- Nikitina, H. Shcho take dualna osvita i chy spravdi tse «dobre zabute stare»? URL: https://sukhari.com.ua/shho-take-dualna-osvita-i-chi-spravdi-tse-dobre-z....
- Oleskova, H. H. (2018). Akademichna osvita sestrynskoho personalu Nimechchyny: realii sohodennia i perspektyvy. Medychna osvita, (4). DOI: https://doi.org/ 10.11603/me.2414-5998.2017.4.8342.
- Oleskova, H. H. (2020). Fakhova pidhotovka sestrynskoho personalu v systemi profesiinoi medychnoi osvity Nimechchyny: dys. ... d-ra filosofii: 015. Khmelnytskyi: KhNU. 408 s.
- Rozporiadzhennia Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy «Serednostrokovyi plan priorytetnykh dii Uriadu do 2020 roku» vid 3 kvitnia 2017 r. № 275-r. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/275-2017-%D1%80#n10.
- Rozporiadzhenniam Kabinetu Ministriv Ukrainy «Kontseptsiia pidhotovky fakhivtsiv za dualnoiu formoiu zdobuttia osvity» vid 19 veresnia 2018 r. № 660-r. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/660-2018-%D1%80#Text.
- Savchenko, I. Metodolohichni pidkhody i orhanizatsiini osoblyvosti pidhotovky kvalifikovanykh robitnykiv v umovakh dualnoi systemy profesiinoi osvity: dosvid krain Yevrosoiuzu ta pershi etapy realizatsii v Ukraini. URL: https://mon.gov.ua/storage/app/ media/pto/dualna/7-savchenko-170217.pdf.