The article actualizes issues of funding for efficient scientific, research and development, educational activity during the reform period. The focus on integration of science and education, based on the education quality improvement, requires implementation of new models for the scientific and educational process funding. For the purpose of development of such models, we offer to compare foreign experience of leading educational institutions, represented by the Harvard University, and Taras Shevchenko National University of Kyiv. The majority of higher educational establishments in Ukraine are funded from the state budget within the governmental order. The money, provided to the educational institutions for the state-funded places, essentially form the universities profit. At the same time, the comparative analysis of the budgets of the leading world’s university and a national institution of higher education with the privileged funding shows incomparable allocation of funds. The difference in the practice of planning, accounting, control and analysis of financial, informational and material flows generates principal distinctions in the obtained results. The problems of higher educational institutions’ economy and management are directly related to financial assurance of the educational process. The models and approaches to funding higher educational establishments in the mode and forms they function now require reforming. It is suggested to apply financial levers due to their interconnection with the factors of efficiency, taken as a basis during the educational establishment’s activity assessment. In terms of scope, there emerges a necessity for elaboration of higher educational institutions development strategy, focused on the needs of society and economy.
1. Ministry in cooperation with experts complements the Government's plan regarding the financing scientific and innovative activity development: Retrieved from http://news.meta.ua/cluster:52853121-MON-splno-z-ekspertami-dopovnili-pl...
2. Becker, G. S., Khodorkov, A.G. & Fetisov G.G. (2004). World economic thought. Through the prism of time,5T, M.: Thought,Bck, 1, 688–706.
3.Yastrubskyy, M. Y. (2016). Financial support of Autonomous research institutions of Ukraine in terms of reforming. Journal of National University Lviv Polytechnic, 846,190–196.
4. About the Program of activity of Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine resolution of the Verkhovna Rada of Ukraine, 26-VIII from 11.12.2014.
5. About scientific and scientific-technical activity: Law of Ukraine Supreme Council (VVR), 2016, 3, 25. Retrieved from: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/848-19/page4
6. National University rankings. Retrieved from: http://unirating.ru/news.asp?lnt=7&id=608
7. The cost of training, funding Harvard. Retrieved from http://usedu.ru/harvard-university/8-stoimost-obucheniya-finansirovanie-...
8. Ukraine is in the TOP 50 countries with the best universities. Retrieved from: http://korrespondent.net/ ukraine/3685635-ukrayna-v-top-50-stran-s-luchshei- systemoi-vuzov
9. KNU of Taras Shevchenko. Official website: Retrieved from: http://www.univ.kiev.ua/
10. Ranking of world universities 2016: Retrieved from: http://total-rating.ru/1609-reyting-universitetov-mira-2016.html
11. Homework for 2017: the government's plans to reform higher education and comments polytechnics: Retrieved from: http://lpnu.ua/news/2017/ domashnye-zavdannya-na-2017-y-plany-uryadu-shchodo-reformuvannya-vyshchoyi-osvity-i
12. Ministry in cooperation with experts complements the Government's plan regarding the financing scientific and innovative activity development: Retrieved from: http://narodnarada.info/news/mon-spilno-ekspertami-dopovnili-plan-uryadu...