Voltage and current are sharply variable random (stochastic) processes in traction networks of DC electric transport systems. As a result, electronic and hybrid electricity meters used in electric systems measure electric power with a large relative error that significantly exceeds that of their accuracy class. In this paper the principle of developing smart meters for accounting the electricity transmitted from traction substations to electric rolling stock through a traction network is proposed. Proposed ideas are developed on the basis of the random processes correlation theory. The meter operates in real time and monitors not a set of realizations of random voltage and current processes, but their deterministic characteristics, that is, time functions of mathematical expectations and variances which make up the background of its operating principle. The experimental implementation of the proposed principle has been conducted in the feeder zone of an A-B section of the GisDnieper Railway of Ukraine, where registration and processing of realizations of stochastic voltage and current processes obtained in real operation mode has been done. The ratios obtained for active and reactive power can be applied not only for traction power grids, but also for electric networks of external power supply of DC electric traction systems as the basis for the "smart meter" design.
- Smart meters: saving energy into the future https://energysavingtrust.org.uk/smart-meters-saving-energy-future/
- D. O. Bosiy and O. M. Sinyogina, “Accounting of the electric power by modern electronic meters under condition of harmonic disturbances”, Electricity transport, no.7, pp. 98-105, 2014 . (in Ukr)
- V.S. Skryabinsky, D. V. Sotnikov, and Yu. B. Manusov, Features of energy accounting at traction railway substations, Kiev: IED, 1978 .-- 28 p. - (Preprint - 170 ISDAN Ukrainian SSR) (in Russian).
- V. V. Kiselev and I. S. Ponomarenko,”Influence of non-sinusoidal voltage and current on the readings of electronic electricity meters”, Prom. Energy, no. 2, pp. 40-45. 2004.(in Russian)
- A.L. Gurtovtsev, “On the total limiting and real errors of electronic electric meters”, Electricity. no. 7, pp. 16-23, 2007..(in Russian)
- S.P .Denisyuk and V.O. Kravtsov, “Evaluation of measuring accuracy of power components in systems with electric power conveters”, "PSE-2008", Part 1, pp. 61-66, 2008. (in Ukr)
- C. Budeanu, “Problem de la presence der puissance's reactive dans les installation de production et distribution d'energie”, Rap. Et. Discuss Sar la puissance reactive, 1929, Pt. - 3-P. 117-218.
- S .Fryze, Wirk, Blind- und- Scheinleisteng in Elektrisch Stromkreisen mit nicht-sinsformigen Verlauf von Strom und Spannung / ETZ. – Bd.53, 1932.
- V. E. Tonkal, A. V. Novoseltsev, S. P. Denisyuk and others, Energy balance in electrical circuits, K .: Nauk. Dumka, p. 312, 1992.(in Russian)
- K.S. Demirchyan, “Reactive power for the case of non-sinusoidal functions”, Izv. RAS. Energy, no. 1, pp.3-18, 1992. (in Russian)
- Yu. L. Saunko, Reactive pushing in power supply systems with non-linear loading: Dissertation thesis for D.Sc degree on specialty 09.05.05 "Theoretical electrical engineering", Lviv, 36 p., 2003. (in Ukr)
- L .Czarnecki, “On some misinterpretations of the instantaneous reactive power pq theory”, IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, vol.19, no. 3, pp. 828-836, 2004.
- I.F Domnin, G.G. Zhemerov, D.S. Krylov et al., Modern theories of power and their use in converter systems of electronics, Tekhnichna elektrodynamika. That. vip., part 1, pp. 80-91, 2004.(in Russian)
- H. Akagi et al., “Instantaneous power theory applications to conditioning”, Willey-IEEE Press, 2007, 379p, ISBN 978-0-470-10761-4.
- R. Herrera et al ., Present point of view about the instantaneous power theory IEEE Trans. on Power Electronics, vol. 2, Iss. 5, pp. 484-495, 2009.
- A. Szelag, M. Kostin, and A. Nikitenko, “Losses of Recovered Electric Energy in the Elements of a DC Electric Transport System”, Power Electronics, IEEE, pp. 412-418, 2016.
- A. V. Nikitenko and M. O. Kostin, Korelyatsiy-dispersed method of determining the storage capacity in the annexes of electric transport, Science and Progress of Transport. Dnipropetrovsk National University of Retail Transport. No.2, (in Ukrainian) p. 64-73. 2013. http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/vdnuzt_2013_2_9
- I. S. Gonorovskiy, Radio circuits and signals, - M .: Sov. radio, p. 608, 1977 . (in Russian)
- V. S. Pugachev, Theory of random functions and its application to problems of automatic control. - M .: Gostekhizdat, p.659, 1962.(in Russian)
- A. A. Sveshnikov, Applied methods of the theory of random functions, Moscow: Nauka, p. 463, 1968. (in Russian)