Purpose. The aim of the presented research was to analyze the problem of increasing the hydrocarbons resource base in Carpathian region by means of poorly explored deeply buried sediments of flysch formation in Folded Carpatians and Precarpatian foredeep. Relevance of conducted study concerning deep autochthonous sediments complex is caused by discovering Lopushna oil field in the underthrust of Pokuttya-Bukovyna Carpathians. Methodology. The research was performed by creating a spatial integral seismic-gravity model of northwestern part of Carpathian oil-and-gas bearing province. Computer software based on the “Technology of integral interpretation of complex gravimetric and geological-geophysical data” was used for modelling. This technology is based on the analysis and realization of different geological and geophysical information: integration of one-dimensional - 1D, two-dimensional - 2D and three-dimensional - 3D data within a unified geological and geophysical model. The technology provides presenting geological environment by structural model, that reflects deep structure of the geological cross-section; and continuous geo-density model, which depends on such characteristics as age of rocks, lithology, porosity, clay volume and saturation ratio. Results. The heterogeneous spatial geo-density model of northwestern part of Carpathian oil-and-gas bearing province was gained as a result of performed modelling. The model is absolutely consistent with all input data and its parameters reflect the characteristics of the deep geological structure of the investigated territory. The results of geological interpretation of spatial integral geo-density model allowed singling out four separate perspective areas where sediments with improved reservoir properties are distributed within the autochthonous formation of the north-western Carpathians. A forward quantitative estimation of predicted oil and gas potential was also performed. Originality. The scientific novelty of obtained results is the studying of spatial behavior of geo-density properties of autochthonous sediments in northwestern Carpathians. Practical significance. The research results allowed to identify and justify the priority areas for geological and geophysical exploration activities aimed at the development of oil and gas potential of deeply bedded autochthonous sediments within the investigated region. In order to clarify the deep geological structure of the section it was recommended to conduct detailed seismic and gravimetric surveys.
- Krupskyi B.L., Gladun V.V., Maksymchuk P.Ya., Klochko V.P. Naukovі aspekty doslіdzhen z prognozuvannja naftogazonosnostі nadr na velykyh glybynah [Scientific research aspects of forecasting oil and gas resources at great depths]. Perspektyvyi naftogazonosnostі glyboko zanurenyh goryzontіv osadovyh basejnіv Ukrainy [Oil and gas prospects in deep horizons within sedimentary basins of Ukraine]. Conference abstracts. Ivano-Frankivsk, 2005, pp. 46-48.
- Khomyn V.R., Majevskyi B.Y. Heolohichna budova tsentral'noyi ta pivnichno-zakhidnoyi chastyny Boryslavs'ko-Pokuts'koyi zony Peredkarpats'koho prohynu na hlybynakh 5-8 km [Geological structure of the central and northwestern part of Boryslav-Pokuttya zone in Carpathian foredeep at depths of 5-8 km.]. Perspektyvyi naftogazonosnostі glyboko zanurenyh goryzontіv osadovyh basejnіv Ukrainy [Oil and gas prospects in deep horizons within sedimentary basins of Ukraine]. Conference abstracts. Ivano-Frankivsk, 2005, pp. 66-73.
- Onyshchuk O.M., Fedchenko T.O., Petrovskyy O.P., Bodlak P.M., Yaremyn I.Ya., Kaziuka I.M. Otsinka adekvatnosti isnuyuchykh heolohichnykh uyavlen' pro hlybynnu budovu pivnichno-zakhidnoyi chastyny Karpat·s'koyi NHP na osnovi 3D intehral'noho heoloho-heofizychnoho modelyuvannya [Assessment of the adequacy an existing ideas about the deep geological structure of the north-western part of Carpathian oil-and-gas bearing province based on integral 3D geological and geophysical model]. Naftohazova heofizyka – innovatsiyni tekhnolohiyi [Petroleum geophysics – innovational technologies]. Conference abstracts. Ivano-Frankivsk, 2011, pp. 167-171.
- Onyshchuk O.M., Fedchenko T.O., Petrovskyy O.P. Rodovyshcha pivnichno-zakhidnoyi chastyny Boryslavs'ko-Pokut·s'koyi zony v 3D intehral'niy heohustynniy modeli [Deposits of northwestern part of Boryslav-Pokuttya zones in 3D integral geo-density model]. Heoinformatyka [Geoinformatics], Conference abstracts, Kyiv, 2012.
- Petrovskyy A.P. Matematicheskie modeli i informacionnye tehnologii integral'noj interpretacii kompleksa geologo-geofizicheskih dannyh (na primere neftegazopoiskovyh zadach) [Mathematical models and information technologies of integral interpretation of geological and geophysical data (by the example of petroleum problems)]. Doctoral dissertation on physical and mathematical sciences 04.00.22. Ivano-Frankivsk, 2004, P. 367