The article is devoted to certain issues of development of environmental law as a branch and coverage of these issues in the teaching of the relevant discipline. Thus, it is stated that in addition to the actual issues of legislative regulation, the content of the discipline should be enriched not only by reflecting the rules of environmental law in law enforcement, in particular, judicial practice, but also their perception of public consciousness, problematic aspects and prospects for improvement.
Another important component of the discipline is the scientific component, and of particular interest seems to be the comparison of domestic and world, in particular, European contexts. It is emphasized that the release of the Digest of Judicial Practice of the Supreme Court in disputes arising in the field of environmental protection and environmental rights (2019) is a significant milestone in raising environmental awareness of both judges and society in general, shows a change of approach from the resolution of environmental cases to the actual protection of environmental rights of citizens and the environment, which should be the goal of a fair trial. At the same time, the level of environmental and legal awareness of citizens cannot be considered satisfactory and needs to be increased. The results of a recent sociological survey "Environmental protection and citizens of Ukraine: a study of practices, values and judgments" (May 2018) and "Environmental portrait of the citizen of Ukraine: comparisons with the EU and recommendations" ( September 2018).
Emphasis is placed on comparing trends in domestic and European science. At first glance, there are opposite trends. Thus, in Ukraine there are warnings against artificial erosion of the subject of environmental law, the addition of economic and legal, agricultural and legal elements. In European science, there are persistent tendencies to the greening of all branches of law, the deep penetration of environmental norms into private law, up to a rethinking of the institution of private property. This is part of a larger global trend of readjustment of the entire system of legal regulation in the direction of greening.
1. Digest of the case law of the Supreme Court in disputes affecting the protection of duration and environmental rights. [Digest of the case law of the Supreme Court in disputes affecting the protection of duration and environmental rights] (2019). Retrieved from: https://supreme.court.gov.ua/userfiles/media/Daidjest_Ekologia.pdf [in Ukrainian].
2. Mizhnarodnyi sudovyi forum «Sudovyi zakhyst pryrodnoho dovkillia ta ekolohichnykh prav» (m. Kyiv, 7 lystopada 2019 r.) Zbirnyk materialiv [International Judicial Forum "Judicial Protection of the Natural Environment and Environmental Rights" (Kyiv, November 7, 2019) Collection of materials] Retrieved from: https://supreme.court.gov.ua/supreme/pokazniki-diyalnosti/konferencii/20... Ukrainian].
3. Zhodnym chynom ne mozhe obmezhuvatys dostup hromadian do sudu dlia zakhystu prava na bezpechne dovkillia – Verkhovnyi sud. [The access of citizens to the court to protect the right to a safe environment cannot be restricted in any way - the Supreme Court] Retrieved from: https://supreme.court.gov.ua/supreme/pres-centr/news/1074587/ [in Ukrainian].
4. Okhorona dovkillia ta hromadiany Ukrainy: doslidzhennia praktyk, tsinnostei ta sudzhen. Analitychnyi dokument. Resursno-analitychnyi tsentr «Suspilstvo i dovkillia». [Environmental protection and citizens of Ukraine: a study of practices, values and judgments. Analytical document]. Resource and Analytical Center "Society and Environment" (2018 р.). 32 p. [in Ukrainian].
5. Ekolohichnyi portret hromadianyna Ukrainy: porivniannia z YeS ta rekomendatsii. Analitychnyi dokument. Resursno-analitychnyi tsentr «Suspilstvo i dovkillia». (2018 r.) [Ecological portrait of a citizen of Ukraine: comparison with the EU and recommendations. Analytical document]. Resource and Analytical Center "Society and Environment". (2018). 42 p. [in Ukrainian].
6. Andreitsev V. I. (2014) Ekolohichne pravo Ukrainy: problemy intehratsii ta dyferentsiatsii. [Environmental law of Ukraine: problems of integration and differentiation] Problemy intehratsii ta dyferentsiatsii v ekolohichnomu pravi: materialy Vseukr. nauk.-prakt. kruhloho stolu, 25 veres. 2014 r., m. Dnipropetrovsk [Problems of integration and differentiation in environmental law: materials All-Ukrainian. scientific-practical round table, September 25. 2014, Dnipropetrovsk]. С. 5-33 [in Ukrainian].
7. France-Hudson B. (2017) Surprisingly Social: Private Property and Environmental Management. Journal of Environmental Law. 29. P. 101-127.
8. Krupskyi M. (2016). Sancta Sedes i intehralna ekolohiia : novi instrumenty dlia zakhystu NPS. [Sancta Sedes and integrated ecology: new instruments for the protection of environmntal]. Ekolohichne pravo [Ecological law] №1-2. С. 40-43. [in Ukrainian].
9. Kravets N. V. (2013). Shchodo poniattia ta zmistu pryntsypu ekolohizatsii ahrarnoho vyrobnytstva yak pryntsyp ahrarnoho prava. [Regarding the concept and content of the principle of greening of agricultural production as a principle of agrarian law] Naukovyi visnyk Mizhnarodnoho humanitarnoho universytetu. Yurysprudentsiia [Scientific Bulletin of the International Humanities University. Jurisprudence]. Vyp. 6-1. (2).С. 127-130. [in Ukrainian].
10. Overkovska T. (2018) Pravovi zasady ekolohizatsii silskohospodarskoho vyrobnytstva. [Legal bases of greening of agricultural production]. Pidpryiemnytstvo, hospodarstvo i pravo [Entrepreneurship, economy and law]. № 6. С. 136-141. [in Ukrainian].
11. Krasnova M. (2016). Pryntsyp ekolohizatsii natsionalnoi pravovoi systemy Ukrainy: naukovo-metodolohichni aspekty [Pryntsyp ekolohizatsii natsionalnoi pravovoi systemy Ukrainy: naukovo-metodolohichni aspekty] Ekolohichne pravo [Ecological law]. №1-2. С. 106-108. [in Ukrainian].
12. Michael Mehling, Harro van Asselt, Kati Kulovesi, Elisa Morgera (2020). Teaching Climate Law: Trends, Methods and Outlook. Journal of Environmental Law. Vol. 32. P. 417-440.