Over the last couple of years social media have transformed the way in which marketing is carried out. The aim of this article is to present barriers that prevent SMEs to use Facebook for their marketing purposes. This article presents the research results carried out in Lodz Voivodship in Poland.
1. Barefoot D., Szabo J., (2010), Friends with benefits: a social media marketing handbook. San Francisco: No Starch, Press Inc.
2. Comm, J. (2009). Twitter power: How to dominate your market one tweet at a time. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
3. Hunt , T. (2009). The Whuffie factor: Using the power of social networks to build your business. New York: Crown Business.
4. Palmer, A. Koenig-Lewis N., (2009), An experiential, social network-based approach to direct marketing, International Journal Of Direct Marketing, Vol.3. No. 3.
5. Safko, L., & Brake, D. K. (2009). The social media bible: Tactics, tools & strategies for business success. Hoboken, NJ: John Wiley & Sons.
6. Weinberg, T. (2009). The new community rules: Marketing on the social web. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
7. Zarrella D. (2010). The social media marketing book. Sebastopol, CA: O’Reilly Media, Inc.
8. Extract of Article 2 of the Annex of Recommendation 2003/361/EC.
10. Malak P., Polskie firmy na platformach społecznościowych, retrieved from http://www.hbrp.pl/news.php?id=70.
11. Universal McCann. (2009). Power to the people: Social media tracker wave 4. Retrieved from http://universalmccann. bitecp. com/wave4/Wave4. pdf