Basing on the conducted analysis, the authors determined the essence of the notion of “competitiveness of a higher education establishment” at the market, which is considered as a capacity to best satisfy the current and influence formation of the future needs of consumers by means of prices, quality of education services and supplied range of products at the specified market of educational services in the set period of time. Moreover, it is necessary to support the desired social focus and personal sustainable development of the education establishment due to its acquired competitive advantages. It is substantiated that the main characteristics of the category of “competitiveness of higher education establishments” include comparability, spatiality, dynamism, concreteness, attributiveness, consistency, objectiveness.
Referring to the results of consumers’ interviewing, analysis of the regulatory documents on educational activities and other secondary marketing information, the authors identified the principal indices of assessment of competitiveness of higher education establishments, supplied for consumers of educational services, system of higher education and society. For higher education consumers, they include a group of indices characterizing the supplied educational services, accommodation and leisure activities for the students of different levels, information support for educational process, and its financial and logistical support. In terms of higher education, it concerns national and international ratings, relevance of the indices tothe supplied educational services, level of research activity at the higher education establishment, and staff qualification. The most important groups of indices for assessment of competitiveness of a higher education establishment in terms of its social importance include the education establishment image, number of students of different educational levels, and its social activity. The current work mentions the recommended components for each of the above- mentioned groups of indices for assessment of competitiveness of a higher education establishment. It is proposed to calculate the integral index of competitiveness of a higher education establishment at the market with consideration of the values of partial indices of competitiveness, which are set for different entities of the educational services marketand the relevant weight factors.
- Beztelesna L.I., Lybak I.A. (2017). Cut ta chynnyky vplyvu na konkurentospromozhnist vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv [Essence and factors affecting the competitiveness higher education institutions]. Ekonomika ta suspilstvo [Economy and society], 9, 145-151.
- Shevchenko A.V., Shvorak A.S. (2015). Napriamy pidvyshchennia konkurentospromozhnosti navchalnoho zakladu [Ways of enhancement of competitive ability of education institute]. Formuvannia rynkovykh vidnosyn v Ukraini [Formation of market relations in Ukraine], 6 (169), 78-82.
- Bidiuk A. (2016). Konkurentospromozhnist vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv na rynku osvitnikh posluh [Competitiveness of higher education establishments in the learning services market]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho torhovelno-ekonomichnoho universytetu [Herald of Kyiv National University of Trade and Economics], 6, 115-123.
- Kravchenko K.V. (2011). Upravlinnia konkurentospromozhnistiu vyshchoho navchalnoho zakladu [Management of competitiveness of institute of higher education]. Naukovyi visnyk Donbasu [Academic Bulletin of Donbas], 3. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/nvd_2011_3_17 (accessed 20 September 2020).
- Tymoshenko O.V. (2014). Pidvyshchennia konkurentospromozhnosti vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv kultury i mystetstv Ukrainy [Increase of competitiveness of higher educational establishments culture and arts of Ukraine]. Ekonomika i menedzhment kultury [Economics and culture management], 1, 27-31.
- Prus L. (2006). Teoretychni zasady upravlinnia konkurentospromozhnistiu vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv [Theoretical principles of managing the competitiveness of higher education institutions]. Visnyk Ternopilskoho derzhavnoho ekonomichnoho universytetu [Herald of Ternopil National Economic University], 2, 114–123.
- Stebliuk N.F., Kopieikina Ye.V. (2018). Otsinka konkurentospromozhnosti vyshchykh navchalnykh zakladiv dlia vyznachennia stratehii yikh rozvytku [Assessment of the competitiveness of higher education institutions to determine strategies for their development]. Prychornomorski ekonomichni studii [Black sea economic studies], 34, 28-32.
- Kyrychenko O.M., Mihdalskyi A.V. (2017). Metody otsiniuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Methods of assessment of enterprise competitiveness]. Efektyvna ekonomika [Efficient economy], 2. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=5428 (accessed 20 September 2020).
- Kvasko A. V. (2017). Analiz metodiv otsinky konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Analysis of methods of assessment of enterprises competitiveness]. Naukovi zapysky Ukrainskoi akademii drukarstva [Scientific notes UAD], 1(54), 111–118.
- Kubrak N.R., Krykavskyi Ye.V., Kosar N.S. (2013). Potentsial elastychnosti u formuvanni konkurentospromozhnosti promyslovykh pidpryiemstv [The potential for elasticity in shaping the competitiveness of industrial]. Lviv, Vydavnytstvo Lvivskoi politekhniky.
- Levytska A. O. (2013). Metody otsinky konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva: vitchyzniani ta zakordonni pidkhody do klasyfikatsii [Methods for Assessing Competitiveness: National and Foreign Approaches to Classification]. Mechanism of Economic Regulation, 4, 155-163.
- Breus S.V., Suhoniako I.I. (2020). Otsiniuvannia konkurentospromozhnosti zakladu vyshchoi osvity u konteksti upravlinnia neiu [Evaluation the competitiveness of higher education institution in the context of managing them]. Infrastruktura rynku [Market Infrastructure], 39, 128-136. Retrieved from: http://www.market- infr.od.ua/journals/2020/39_2020_ukr/23.pdf (accessed 24 September 2020).
- Kadyrus I. H. (2014). Konkurentospromozhnist pidpryiemstva ta faktory, shcho na nei vplyvaiut [Competitiveness of enterprises and factors making effects on this]. Efektyvna ekonomika [Efficient economy], 5. Retrieved from: http://nbuv.gov.ua/UJRN/efek_2014_5_104 (accessed 24 September 2020).
- Litsenziini umovy provadzhennia osvitnoi diialnosti [Licensing conditions for educational activities]. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1187-2015-%D0%BF#Text (accessed 26 September 2020).