Analysis of at the global energy market, according to the Advanced Energy Now 2019 Market Report, showed that the global electricity transmission and distribution market demonstrated the highest historical aggregate annual growth rates (CAGRs) between 2011 and 2019. A huge number of small and medium companies got involved into it and into transfer technology process generally. Generally, the number of enterprises involved in the energy sector has tripled in the last 10 years.
Thus, the research of participation of small companies in international technology transfer for energy industry is provided at the example of the domestic company LLC “Pluton IS”. The company develops comprehensive high-tech solutions in the energy sector. In addition, “Pluton IS”, is actively involved into the processes of transfer of its own energy technologies abroad. The company’s negative experience of international technology transfer is carefully learnt and all available risks are analyzed. Thus, the most common risks are the risk of rapid customer loss due to lack of after-sales service and the risk of technological espionage. Thus, the paper presents research and recommendations for optimizing the process of international technology transfer by reducing those risks and eliminating the threats by combining different tools to protect technological solutions and mechanisms for promotion into foreign markets.
The solution to the above problems is a comprehensive transfer of know-how with the protection of an international certificates for trade names and patent protection of technical parts (equipment itself and the software for it) which could be also presented to the market as a single products. Also combining of such instruments as license option (provision of technology for 4 months without disclosure of technical solutions) and franchising will provide higher protection and efficiency of international technology transfer. The algorithm for technology transfer abroad, taking into account these tools, is described in the article.
- Hospodarskyi kodeks Ukrainy [Commercial Code of Ukraine] (2020, July 21) (in Ukrainian)
- Derzhavna sluzhba statistiky Ukrainy [State Statistics Service of Ukraine] Retrieved from http://www.ukrstat.gov.uа (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro derzhavne regulyuvannya dіyalnostі u sferі transferu tekhnologіj” [Law of Ukraine About the state regulation of activity in the field of technology transfer] (2015, November 10) (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro zovnіshnoekonomіchnu dіyalnіst” [Law of Ukraine About Foreign Economic Activity] (2020, July 17) (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro іnnovacіjnu dіyalnіst” [Law of Ukraine On Innovation](2012, October 16) (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro naukovu і naukovo-tekhnіchnu dіyalnіst” [Law of Ukraine About scientific and technical activity] (2020, June 17). (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro naukovu і naukovo-tekhnіchnu ekspertyzu” [Law of Ukraine About scientific and technical examination] (2012, October 16) (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro ohoronu prav na vinahodi і korysnі modelі” [Law of Ukraine About the protection of inventions rights and utility models] (2020, October 14) (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro ohoronu prav na promyslovі zrazky” [Law of Ukraine About protection of the industrial designs rights] (2020, October 14) (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro prіorytetnі napryamy іnnovacіynoyi dіyalnostі v Ukrainy” [Law of Ukraine About priority directions of innovative activity in Ukraine] (2012, December) (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro prіorytetnі napryamky nauky і tekhnіky” [Law of Ukraine About priority directions of science and technology] (2016 January 16) (in Ukrainian).
- Zakon Ukrainy “Pro profesіyniy rozvytok pratsіvnykіv” [Law of Ukraine About professional of employees] (2019, December 27) (in Ukrainian).
- Kozyk V.V., Pankova L.А. ta Danylenko N.B. (2002) Navch. Posib. — 3-te vyd. Kyiv: Znanya- press[Tutorial. — third edition. Kyiv: Znanya-publishung house (in Ukrainian).
- Kompaniya “Pluton ІС” [“Pluton IC” company] Retrieved from https://pluton.ua
- Konstytutsiya Ukrainy [Constitution of Ukraine] (2020, January 01) (in Ukrainian).
- Fedyakina L. N. Mizhnarodni economichni vidnosyny [International economic relations] (2017) (in Ukrainian).
- Civіlniy kodeks Ukrainy [Civil Code of Ukraine] (2020, October 16) (in Ukrainian).
- Michael Firgens. Biopharma Excellence. Technology transfer. What you need for a successful transfer. April 2017. Retrieved from https://www.biopharma-excellence.com/news/2017/4/20/ technology-transfer-what-you- need-for-a-successful-transfer (in English).
- Tech transfer: making it a risk free approach. Samaraj S. Thiyagarajan, PMP, Biogenn Corporation, Austin, Tx, USA, 78749. International journal of management ISSN 0976-6502. August 2014. Retrieved from https://www.researchgate.net/publication/265848560_TECH_TRANSFER_ MAKING_IT_AS_A_RISK_FREE_APPROACH_IN_PHARMACEUTICAL_AND_BIOTECH_INDUSTRY (in English).
- Technology transfer to China: Guidance for business China IPR SME Helpdesk (2012). Retrieved from https://www.china-iprhelpdesk.eu/sites/all/docs/publications/Technology_... China_Guide.pdf (in English).
- VS Energy International, Ukraine. Retrieved from https://vsenergy.com.ua/categories-page/rinok- elektropostachannja-shvidko-zrostaie/ (in English).
- World Trade Organization. International Trade. (2013) Retrieved from https://www.wto.org/ english/res_e/statis_e/its2013_e/its2013_e.pdf (in English).