A methodical approach to the formation of indicators of the information base of management decisions on the development of freight JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”, which consists in calculating the taxonomy of the level of development of freight by substantiating systems and its elements: eighteen static systems, elements of which are six regional railways; seven dynamic systems — regional branches and in general JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia”. A spatial and temporal comparison of the development of freight transportation of selected systems is carried out. The taxonomy index is calculated on the basis of five indicators of freight traffic for the period 2002–2019.
The analysis of static systems made it possible to identify the uneven development of freight transportation of regional branches of JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia” for the studied 18 years. The temporal comparison of the levels of development of freight traffic by each railway in particular also showed their instability. Fluctuations are observed in the last three years of the study period. In 2018, JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia” demonstrated the lowest level of freight transportation development for the entire analyzed year 2002–2019. It was established that both external and internal factors caused the negative impact on rail transportation, in particular: the economic crisis of 2014–2015; military action in eastern Ukraine; ineffective management at different levels of government.
The introduction of quarantine measures due to the Covid-19 pandemic caused unprofitable and deteriorating financial and economic performance of JSC Ukrzaliznytsia, and its six regional branches in 2020, in particular, revenues from freight transportation decreased by 10.3 % compared to 2019, and net loss amounted to UAH 11.9 billion. Implementing the anti-crisis plan by the management of JSC Ukrzaliznytsia and the improvement of operational work in the freight segment has yielded some positive results. However, for the effective planning and management decisions in the field of freight transportation an important component is the proper formation of an information base.
The proposed methodological approach will serve as an effective tool not only in the management of the freight segment of individual regional branches or enterprises in particular, but also the economic development of JSC “Ukrzaliznytsia” in general and can be used by other large companies.
- 1. Ofitsiinyi sait Ministerstva infrastruktury Ukrainy. Informatsiia pro Ukrainski zaliznytsi [Official site of the Ministry of Infrastructure of Ukraine. Information about Ukrainian railways]. Retrieved from: https://mtu.gov.ua/ content/informaciya-pro-ukrainski-zaliznici.html.
2. Ofitsiinyi sait Derzhavnoi sluzhby statystyky Ukrainy [Official site of the State Statistics Service of Ukraine]. Retrieved from: http://www.ukrstat.gov.ua/.
3. Ukrzaliznytsia otrymala 12 miliardiv zbytku u 2020 rotsi [Ukrzaliznytsia suffered 12 billion losses in 2020]. Retrieved from: https://www.epravda.com.ua/news/2021/04/9/672846.
4. "Ukrzaliznytsia" otrymala 1,7 miliarda zbytkiv za kvartal (2021). [Ukrzaliznytsia suffered 1.7 billion losses in the quarter (2021)]. Retrieved from: https://www.epravda.com.ua/news/2021/06/22/675206.
5. Ukrzaliznytsia druhyi misiats pospil otrymala prybutok [Ukrzaliznytsia made a profit for the second month in a row]. Retrieved from: https://www.epravda.com.ua/news/2021/06/14/674973.
6. Redko V. Ie., Kerdan O. S., Kerdan V. Iu. (2019). Formuvannia stratehichnykh oriientyriv diialnosti pid- pryiemstv zaliznychnoho transportu [Formation of strategic guidelines for the activities of railway transport enterprises]. Innovatsiina ekonomika, No. 7-8, 63-68. Retrieved from: http://inneco.org/index.php/innecoua/article/ view/185.
7. Mykhailychenko K. (2017). Transportna stratehiia u natsionalnykh interesakh Ukrainy [Transport strategy in the national interests of Ukraine]. Zovnishnia torhivlia: ekonomika, finansy, pravo, No. 2, 82-94. Retrieved from: http://zt.knute.edu.ua/files/2017/02(91)/07.pdf.
8. Kondratiuk M. V., Obruch H. V., Shushkova Ye. V. (2019). Problemy i perspektyvy rozvytku AT "Ukrzaliznytsia" v umovakh liberalizatsii rynku zaliznychnykh perevezen [Problems and prospects of JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia" development in the conditions of liberalization of the railway transportation market]. Visnyk ekonomiky transportu i promyslovosti, No. 68, 94-105. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.18664/338.47:338.45. v0i68.188485.
9. Bobyl V. V. and Kultenko V. V. (2020). Udoskonalennia lohistychnoho mekhanizmu AT "Ukrzaliznytsia" v umovakh reformuvannia haluzi [Improving the logistics mechanism of JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia" in terms of reforming the industry]. Ekonomika ta derzhava, No. 5, 32-36.
10. Myronovych A. and Eitutis H. (2020). Kryshchenko S. Marshrutyzatsiia perevezen yak faktor pidvyshchennia investytsiinoi pryvablyvosti AT "Ukrzaliznytsia" [Routing of transportation as a factor in increasing the investment attractiveness of JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia"]. Zbirnyk naukovykh prats DUIT. Seriia "Ekonomika i upravlinnia", No. 48, 31-37.
11. Obruch H. V. Osoblyvosti tsyfrovoho rozvytku AT "Ukrzaliznytsia" [Features of digital development of JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia"]. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.32838/2523-4803/70-1-10.
12. Protsenko V. M. Aktualni problemy rozvytku AT "Ukrzaliznytsia" ta pidkhody do intensyfikatsii uprav- linnia ekonomichnoiu povedinkoiu [Actual problems of development of JSC "Ukrzaliznytsia" and approaches to the intensification of management of economic behavior]. Retrieved from: https://doi.org/10.32983/2222-4459-2020-4- 206-213.
13. Pliuta V. (1980). Sravnytelniy mnohomernii analyz v ekonomycheskykh yssledovanyiakh. Metody takso- nomyy y faktornoho analyza [Comparative multidimensional analysis in economic research. Methods of taxonomy and factor analysis]. M.: Statystyka, 151 p.
14. Ivakhnenko I. S. (2012). Zastosuvannia taksonomichnoho analizu dlia vyznachennia rivnia platospro- mozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Application of taxonomic analysis to determine the level of solvency of the enterprise]. Retrieved from: http://www.rusnauka.com/15_NNM_2012/Economics/10_110686.doc.htm.
15. Aivazian S., Bazhaeva Z., Staroverova O. (1974). Klassyfykatsyia mnohomernыkh nabliudenyi [Classifi- cation of multidimensional observations]. M.: Statystyka, 769 p.
16. Iliash O. I. (2012). Transformatsii systemy sotsialnoi bezpeky Ukrainy: rehionalnyi vymir [Transforma- tions of the social security system of Ukraine: regional dimension]. Lviv: PAIS, 592 p.
17. Ofitsiinyi sait Ukrzaliznytsi [Official site of Ukrzaliznytsia]. Retrieved from: https://www.uz.gov.ua/.
18. Dovidnyk osnovnykh pokaznykiv roboty rehionalnykh filii PAT "Ukrainska zaliznytsia" (2002-2017 roky) [Handbook of key performance indicators of regional branches of PJSC "Ukrainian Railways" (2002-2017)], 2018. 36 s.
19. Dovidnyk osnovnykh pokaznykiv roboty rehionalnykh filii AT "Ukrainska zaliznytsia" (2004-2019 roky) [Handbook of key performance indicators of regional branches of JSC "Ukrainian Railways" (2004-2019)], 2020.