Nowadays, marketing research is increasingly important for the success of enterprises. Conducting marketing research reduces the risk of making wrong decisions in the analysis and development of marketing strategies, planning and control of marketing activities.
The article provides an overview of the emergence of marketing research, explores the latest methods of marketing research, their advantages and disadvantages, the possibility of its application at different stages of marketing activities. Scientific approaches to the interpretation of the concepts “marketing research”, “methods of marketing research” are systematized. The latest methods of marketing research that widely use AI, Big Data, ML, TRI*M, have been studied. The technologies of mobile advertising, areas of use of artificial intelligence, the essence and features of the formation of Big Data and machine learning were researched in the article. The benefits of using artificial intelligence, big data and machine learning to conduct marketing research were researched in the article. Analytical materials are confirmed by cases from the practice of marketing research. All research outcomes were proved by cases of Independent Media, TNS Ukraine, British Council, Chat fuel and Coca-Cola.
The scheme of the marketing research process is supplemented by the possibilities of applying the latest technologies, which are grouped by stages. Any marketing research is a sequence of steps. Each of them uses a set of tools that provide collection, processing and analysis of data about the target market, customers, or economic processes. Each of these stages can be implemented using the modern technologies that are widely used in various spheres of human life.
The directions of application the artificial intelligence, Big data, machine learning for carrying out office researches, field researches, pilot researches and a method of focus groups are offered. The analysis of realization of methods of marketing researches on the basis of Big Data, AI, ML is carried out.
- Dryll O. I. (2008). Marketing market research. Retrieved from: http://vlp.com.ua/files/30_11.pdf (Accessed 18 October 2021).
- Anohyn E. V. (2015). Istoriya I organizatsiya rynka marketingovyh issledovaniy [The history and orga- nization of the market for market research]. Ekonomika i predprinimatelstvo, No. 1.
- Definition of Marketing. АМА. Retrieved from:: https://www.ama.org/AboutAMA/Pages/Definition-of- Marketing.aspx (Accessed 18 October 2021).
- Kovalchuk S. V., Petritska O. S. (2010). The role of marketing research in ensuring the effective operation of light industry enterprises. Retrieved from: https://mmi.fem.sumdu.edu.ua/sites/default/files/mmi2010_1_42_51.pdf (Accessed 18 October 2021).
- Cherchyll G. (2007). Marketingovyie issledovaniya [Marketing research], translation from English edited Bagiev G., Peter, Russia (Accessed 19 October 2021).
- Lilyk I. V., Kudyrko O. V. (2010). Marketing research: cases and situational exercises. Kyiv. Retrieved from: http://uam.in.ua/upload/bigfiles/books/1231231231231231231231231231231231231231231231231231231 23123123kj1h2g3kjh1231231231365464651243615243651243615243.pdf (Accessed 19 October 2021).
- Zhuravlyova M. O. (2014). The role and modern methods of marketing research in business. Retrieved from:https://www.kpi.kharkov.ua/archive/Conferences/Оптимум/2014/РОЛЬ%20ТА%20СУЧАСНІ%20МЕТОДИ %20МАРКЕТИНГОВИХ%20ДОСЛІДЖЕНЬ.pdf (Accessed 19 October 2021).
- Yarlikov A. Internet marketing tools. Retrieved from: http://takmak51.ru// (Accessed 18 October 2021).
- Novakivsky I. I. and Duma O. I. (2010). Mobile advertising and prospects for its development. Visnyk NULP [Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University], Logistics, No. 669, 212–217 (Accessed 18 October 2021).
- Why countries are intensively developing artificial intelligence. Retrieved from: https://ua.112.ua/golovni- novyni/kliuch-do-svitovoho-liderstva-chomu-krainy-posyleno-rozvyvaiut-shtuchnyi-intellect-525688.html (Accessed 20 October 2021).
- Artificial intelligence in marketing: how do AI algorithms improve online advertising? Retrieved from: https://aiconference.com.ua/uk/news/iskusstvenniy-intellekt-v-marketinge-kak-ai-algoritmi-sovershenstvuyut-onlayn- reklamu-93972 (Accessed 20 October 2021).
- Machine Learning. Retrieved from: https://www.it.ua/knowledge-base/technology-innovation/machine- learning (Accessed 20 October 2021).
- Witt C. (2019). 5 ways to use machine learning in marketing. Retrieved from: https://coworkingplatforma. com/ua/blog/5-sposobiv-vikoristanna-masinnogo-navcanna-u-sferi-marketingu/ (Accessed 20 October 2021).
- Anil Kaul (2020). AI Will Change Everything About Market Research. Retrieved from: https://www. aithority.com/guest-authors/ai-will-change-everything-about-market-research/ (Accessed 20 October 2021).
- Big Data: What is it and Where to Learn (2019). Retrieved from: https://itcluster.lviv.ua/velyki-dani/ (Accessed 19 October 2021).
- Gnitecki E. V. Big Data in marketing: consumer orientation. Retrieved from: file:///C:/Users/%D0%90% D0%B4%D0%BC%D0%B8%D0%BD%D0%B8%D1%81%D1%82%D1%80%D0%B0%D1%82%D0%BE%D1%8 0/Downloads/108730-230629-1-SM.pdf (Accessed 20 October 2021).
- The use of big data in marketing research. Retrieved from: https://www.ovtr.ru/stati/bolshie-dannye-big- data-v-marketingovyh-issledovaniyah (Accessed 20 October 2021).