The key aspects of the provision and assessment of the quality of customs services by logistics operators are highlighted, in particular, the opportunities for improving such services are revealed. The relevance of the transition to the market principles of functioning and adaptation of customs services in accordance with the changing needs of consumers is substantiated. The methodology for assessing the quality of customs services based on a consumer approach was developed and improving the quality management system of the company's customs brokerage service on the basis of relationship marketing was proposed.
It is well-founded that the system of managing the quality of customs services is a rather complex system, therefore, when implementing its quality management mechanism, it is important to take into account the influence of various subsystems and accompanying business processes that constantly interact with each other. The assessment of the quality of customs service is carried out by participants in foreign economic activity with the aim of improving the quality of the provision of customs services and meeting the need to reduce the costs they incur during foreign economic operations and passing all customs formalities. It is advisable to assess the quality of the customs service in accordance with the system of quality indicators. The degree of compliance with the quality of customs services should be largely determined by the presence of a system for monitoring the provision of these services and the marketing orientation of the enterprise. Therefore, the research and improvement of the toolkit for assessing the quality of customs services is an urgent problem in today's conditions in the context of analyzing the effectiveness of the activities of international business entities.
A model for evaluating the quality of customs services of a logistics operator based on a consumer approach is proposed. Accordingly, on the basis of marketing monitoring data, it is advisable to develop recommendations for improving the process of providing customs services, functioning of the customs services quality management system, and improving the quality of services.
The quality management system of customs brokerage services should be based on ensuring and controlling the quality of customs brokerage services. The improvement of customs service is directly related to the improvement of the quality of the provided customs services, taking into account the interests of customers. In this regard, the introduction of quality standards of customs activity that meet modern international requirements and the mechanism of responsibility of the management staff for ensuring them will be a significant help.
The SERVQUAL model of service quality is proposed as the basis of the quality management system of customs brokerage services. This model refers to five dimensions of service quality that describe the client’s expectations. The proposed SERVQUAL model classifies elements or components of service quality, known as 5 critical parameters of service quality, such as: tangibility, reliability, responsiveness, guarantee and empathy.
In general, the experience of well-known international companies shows that relationship marketing can significantly improve the competitive position of businesses today and become a driver of increasing consumer loyalty in conditions of growing market turbulence. The methodology for assessing the quality of customs services of logistics operators described in the article can be extended to other types of services in Ukrainian realities.
- Osadcha N. V. (2011). The system of managing the quality of services of the customs body: document flow and matrix of responsibility. Bulletin of economic sciences of Ukraine, No. 1, 94-103.
- Nigmanov Erkin Abdulmugnievich, Lutfullaev Shukrullo Qudratillaevich, & Sodikov Islombek Isakali ugli (2022). Methodological approach to assessing the quality of services provided in the optimization of customs services. International journal of social science & interdisciplinary research, 11(01), 84-93. Retrieved from: http://www.gejournal.net/index.php/IJSSIR/article/view/90.
- Assessment of quality of customs services. (2019). Institute of State and Law, State University. No. 12.
- Customs Code of Ukraine. Retrieved from: http://zakon5.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/4495-17.
- Priymachenko D. V. (2010). Administrative services provided by customs authorities: status and prospects.Bulletin of the Academy of the Customs Service of Ukraine. Ser.: Right, No. 2, 7-13.
- Berry L. (1999). Discovering the soul of service: The nine drivers of sustainable business success. New York: The Free Press, 142.
- Svitlak I. I. (2006). Organizational and legal principles of mediation activities of a customs broker and a customs carrier in Ukraine: thesis. Ph. D. Law Sciences: 12.00.07. National State Academy tax service of Ukraine. Irpin, 112.
- Petrunya V. Yu. (2011). Economic globalization: impact on business and customs service providers in the context of marketing management. Bulletin of the Academy of the Customs Service of Ukraine, No. 1, 71-78.
- Davydenko L. (2003). Provision of customs services to citizens. Customs business, No. 1. 47-52.
- On amendments to the Tax Code of Ukraine and other legislative acts of Ukraine regarding the effect of norms during the period of martial law: Law of Ukraine dated 03/15/2022 No. 2120-IX. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2120-20#Text.
- Komarnytska G. O. (2019). Indicators of evaluation of the quality of customs service of public-private partnership. Economics. Retrieved from: http://www.investplan.com.ua/pdf/14_2019/3.pdf.
- On amendments to the Customs Code of Ukraine and other laws of Ukraine regarding some issues of implementation of Chapter 5 of Section IV of the Association Agreement between Ukraine, on the one hand, and the European Union, the European Atomic Energy Community and their member states, on the other hand: Law of Ukraine dated August 15, 2022 No. 2510-IX. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2510-20#Text.
Tymoshchuk V.P. (2003). Administrative procedure and administrative services. Foreign experience and proposals for Ukraine. Kyiv: Fakt.
Key performance indicators (KPIs). Retrieved from: https://www.minfin.gov.ua/uploads/redactor/files/ KPI%20%D0%B4%D0%BB%D1%8F%20%D0%94%D0%A4%D0%A1. pdf
International Convention on Simplification and Harmonization of Customs Procedures (Kyoto Convention) (1999). World Customs Organization. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_643#Text.
Kveliashvili I. (2016). The quality of the provision of customs services as a component of the state's image in the world. Efficiency of public administration, No. 9, 164-170.
Gupanova Y. (2019). Methodical approach to complex assessment of quality of customs services. Creative Commons Attribution. Retrieved from: https://www.researchgate.net/publication/335694287_METHODICAL_APPROACH_T... NT_OF_QUALITY_OF_CUSTOMS_SERVICES.
On the approval of Methodological recommendations for the development of standards for the provision of administrative services: Order of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine dated July 12. 2007 No. 219. URL: www.me.gov.ua.
Ruda T. The essence and significance of customs services in the conditions of customs reform in Ukraine. Retrieved from: http://naukajournal.org/index.php/naukajournal/article/viewFile/85/114.
Some issues of implementation of the "single window" principle during customs, sanitary-epidemiological, veterinary-sanitary, phytosanitary, environmental, radiological and other types of state control. Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine No. 364 of 05/25/2016 URL: http: // zakon4.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/364-2016- %D0%BF.
Key performance indicators (KPIs) for the State Fiscal Service (2022). Materials of the official website of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine. Retrieved from: https://www.minfin.gov.ua/uploads/redactor/files/KPI%20%D0%B4%D0% BB%D1%8F%20%D0%94%D0%A4%D0%A1. pdf.
On foreign economic activity: Law of Ukraine dated April 16, 1991 No. 959-XII Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/sh ow/959-12#Text.
On the approval of the Procedure for determining the structure of non-profit institutions (organizations): Order of the State Tax Administration of Ukraine dated July 3. 2000 No. 355. URL: zakon.rada.gov.ua.
State Classifier of Ukraine. Classification of services of foreign economic activity DK 012-97: Order of the State Standard of Ukraine dated June 2. 1997 No. 324. Retrieved from: zakon.nau.ua.
On the system of measures to eliminate the causes and conditions that contribute to criminal manifestations and corruption: Decree of the President of Ukraine dated February 9. 2004 No. 175/2004. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/175/2004#Text.
On the approval of the Concept of development of the system of providing administrative services by executive authorities: Decree of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated February 15. 2006 No. 90 Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/90-2006-%D1%80#Text.
Some issues of implementation of the provisions of the Customs Code of Ukraine regarding the granting of authorizations: Resolution of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated September 27, 2022 No. 1092. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1092-2022-%D0 %BF#Text.
On the approval of the Concept of reforming the system of social services: Order of the Cabinet of Ministers of Ukraine dated April 13 2007 No. 178 (2007). officer release of Ukraine. No. 28.
Chmilenko H. M. (2005). Administrative services in Ukraine. Legal Bulletin. No. 2.
On social services: Law of Ukraine dated April 27, 2022 No. 2193-IX. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2671-19#Text.
On some issues of conducting customs brokerage activities: Order of the Ministry of Finance of Ukraine dated September 27, 2021 No. 517. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1672-21#Text.
Lytovchenko V. V. (2021). Theoretical approaches to determining the mechanisms of providing administrative services in public administration. Public administration and customs administration, No. 4 (31), 9-13.
On the approval of Methodological recommendations for the development of standards for the provision of administrative services: Order of the Ministry of Economy of Ukraine dated July 12. 2007 No. 219. Retrieved from: www.me.gov.ua.
Tymoshchuk V.P. (2015). Evaluation of the quality of administrative services. Fact. 88 p.
Naklitsky D. (2022). Customs clearance of goods during martial law: key innovations for business. Retrieved from: https://biz.ligazakon.net/news/210518_mitne-oformlennya-tovarv-na-perod-... bznesu.
Maksymov M. (2022). What you need to know about ZED services: conditions, taxes, reporting. Liga zakon. Retrieved from: https://biz.ligazakon.net/analitycs/215015_shcho-potrbno-znati-pro-zed-p....
Some issues regarding the recognition of goods as humanitarian aid and their use under martial law: Resolution of the CMU of March 9, 2022 No. 238. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/238-2022-% D0%BF#Text.
Some issues of customs control and customs clearance of goods, in particular vehicles, under martial law: Resolution of the CMU of March 20, 2022 No. 330. Retrieved from: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/ 330-2022-%D0%BF#Text.
Zaporozhets O. F. (2018). Ways to improve the quality of customs services. Innovative economy: Scientific and industrial journal. Retrieved from: http://www.inneco.org/index.php/innecoua/article/view/257/319.
Ugryn V. (2022). The effectiveness of the work of the customs authorities of Ukraine in the conditions of martial law. Economic analysis: Collection of scientific papers, No. 3, 171-182.
Repeat Customer Rate (2022). Geakboard. Retrieved from: https://www.geckoboard.com/best-practice/kpi- examples/percent-returning-customers/.
Average customer retention rate by industry: How does your company compare? (2022). Paddle. Retrieved from: https://www.paddle.com/resources/industry-retention-rates.
Shamanska O.I. (2014). Quality management system as an integral component of enterprise competitiveness.Efficient economy. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=3363.