The article deals with the benefits and challenges of the double diploma programs within the national higher education system. The main objectives are defined as the theoretical analysis of scientific and pedagogical literature highlighting different aspects of the problem under research, and study of the double diploma programs implementation in European higher schools and Ukrainian universities. It highlights the historical background of the appearance of the double diploma programs in Europe and in Ukraine, the regulatory framework of this process, benefits and challenges of their realisation within the national system of higher education. The conclusions drawn show that these programs are the basis for accomplishing the major tasks defined in the Bologna Declaration and promote students’ mobility, increase the number of students in the European higher education space, and improve the quality of professional training.
1. Erasmus Programme. Retrieved from: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Erasmus_Programme.
2. Franciya u yevropeyskomu prostori vyshchoyi osvity [France in the European higher education area] (2005). Kyiv, 169, 27–28.
3. From Erasmus Mundus ... to Erasmus+ (Eastern Partnership Countries Facts and Figures). Retrieved from: http://erasmusplus.org.ua/erasmus/ka1-navchalna-mobilnist/konkursy.html.
4. Grycyuk, L. & Lyakisheva, A. (2014). Realizaciya program “podviynykh dyplomiv” yak sposib vhodzhennya vitchyznyanykh vnz do yevropeyskogo prostoru vyshchoi osvity [The “double
diploma” program as a way of joining the European Higher Education Area by domestic higher education establishments]. Vyshcha shkola, 7, 46 –54.
5. ICEF Monitor. (2015). Retrieved from: http://monitor.icef.com/2015/11/the-state-of-international-student-mobil....
6. Podwojny dyplom. Charakterystyka wspolnych studiow. Retrieved from: http://erasmusmundus.org.pl/charakterystyka-wspolnych-studiow.
7. Shchekin, G.V. (1995). Dokumenty ob obrazovanii: problemy priznaniya i sravnimosti: Kratkoe rukovodstvo [Documents on education: the problems of recognition and comparison]. Kyiv: MKA, 64, 23–24.
8. Vitenko, T.M. (2014). Organizaciya ta realizaciya program podviynykh dyplomiv [Organisation and realization of double diploma programs]. Procedings of International scientific and methodic conference. Actual issues of foreign students study organization in European educational space (Ukraine), 190–193.