The main legislation defining the legal, organizational and socio-economic principles of ensuring the health care of citizens are analyzed, the normative basis for the development of standards and clinical protocols for the treatment of diseases of the organ of vision are considered. The issue of the quality of ophthalmic services was analyzed from the point of view of their compliance with standards, cost efficiency, absence of negative consequences and priority orientation to the needs of the patient. The peculiarities of the legal regulation of ophthalmology in the conditions of war have been studied and ways of improving the regulatory and legal regulation have been proposed to ensure citizens’ access to high-quality ophthalmic care, especially in the conditions of martial law and post- war reconstruction of regions affected by hostilities and occupation.
Formulation of the problem. The creation of effective mechanisms for state regulation of the medical services quality and assistance is one of the main tasks of the Ukrainian health care system development. Public relations in the medical field are aimed at ensuring the harmonious development, working capacity and active life of Ukrainians, eliminating factors harmful to their health as well as reducing the level of morbidity, disability and mortality. Such a situation actualizes the issue of analyzing the adequacy and effectiveness of regulatory and legal support for the provision of ophthalmic care to the population of Ukraine, its integration into the reformed medical services system and guarantees to ensure quality treatment of patients based on individual needs.
Analysis of recent research and publications. Features of the program and strategic policy of the WHO regarding the prevention and treatment of ophthalmic diseases were studied by V. Dufynets, the analysis of the resource provision of ophthalmologists was carried out by S. Saksonov, T. Gruzieva and O. Vitovska, the personnel support system was the focus of attention of S. Rykova, N. Medvediovska and Yu. Barinov. Modern requirements for the quality of ophthalmic medicines were described by L. Andryukova et al. Ya. Hrytsenko outlined separate areas of improvement of the system of providing ophthalmic care to the population. At the same time, the issues of reforming the financing ophthalmic system remained out of the attention of researchers, there are no organizational conclusions to improve the regulatory and legal support for the functioning of the industry. Such a limited and fragmented appeal of scientists prompted us to carry out a targeted analysis of the main regulatory and legal basis for providing ophthalmic care to the population of Ukraine, identify institutional gaps or insufficiently regulated areas of management of this medical branch and develop recommendations for improving the functioning of the specified area.
Presentation of the main research material. The main system of providing ophthalmic care and the legislation defining the legal, organizational, and socio-economic principles of ensuring the health care of citizens are analyzed. The main principles of providing ophthalmic services in inpatient and outpatient settings in accordance with standards and clinical protocols for the treatment of diseases of the organ of vision have been analyzed. It was revealed that a review of existing protocols is planned to prevent the use of unregistered or prohibited means and technologies with unproven clinical effectiveness.
The advantages and problematic points of reforming the medical industry, which were reflected in the conditions of providing ophthalmic services and assistance to the population were studied. The regulatory and legal basis for providing ophthalmic care to patients at three levels within the state guaranteed package of medical services is analyzed. The primary, secondary and tertiary levels and the peculiarities of their financing based on contracts with the National Health Service of Ukraine were considered. The main challenges and problems of ensuring a high level of quality were analyzed, in particular, the need for regulatory regulation of the scope of pre-medical ophthalmic screening at the primary level, as well as 24-hour emergency care for injuries, burns and acute manifestations of eye diseases at all levels of medical care were identified.
The changes in the regulatory direction adopted to ensure the functioning of the medical system in wartime conditions, in particular regarding the rules for the use of electronic tools, medical equipment for budget support of health care needs, and the methodology of payments under medical guarantees are analyzed. The management regulations of the Medical Forces of the Armed Forces, unified with the standards of the four-level system of medical and evacuation measures of NATO were studied. The recommendations of the Ministry of Health of Ukraine on pre-medical ophthalmic care for the population in the conditions of war were analyzed, and the need for the introduction of additional instruments of regulatory and legal support for the provision of ophthalmic care was identified.
Conclusions. The conducted analysis allows us to assert the general effectiveness of the regulatory and legal support for the provision of ophthalmic services and assistance in Ukraine. The criteria and scope of providing ophthalmic services at the primary and secondary levels of medical care are clearly defined. A high level of legal support for the provision of ophthalmic care to wounded soldiers and civilians affected by hostilities or occupation was revealed. It is proposed to improve the regulatory and legal assurance of the quality of ophthalmic care, to regulate the ratio of its quality and cost. Proposals are given to ensure citizens’ access to high-quality ophthalmic care in conditions of martial law and post-war reconstruction of regions affected by hostilities and occupation.
It is recommended to focus further scientific research on the areas of regulatory support for early detection and prevention of pathologies, reducing the number and complexity of complications, and preventing disability due to therapeutic and traumatic eye injuries.
- Andriukova L. M., Fetisova O. H., Rusanova S. V., Yakovenko V. K., Dorovskyi O. V. Otsinka suchasnykh vymoh providnykh farmakopei svitu do yakosti ochnykh likarskykh zasobiv. Upravlinnia, ekonomika ta zabezpechennia yakosti v farmatsii. 2018. № 4(56). S. 4–10. URL: https://doi.org/10.24959/uekj.18.31.
- VRU. Osnovy zakonodavstva Ukrainy pro okhoronu zdorovia : Zakon № 2801- XII v redaktsii vid 27.10.2022. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/2801-12#Text (data zvernennia 14.10.2022).
- VRU. Pro pidvyshchennia dostupnosti ta yakosti medychnoho obsluhovuvannia u silskii mistsevosti: Zakon № 2206-VIII vid 14.11.2017. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/ laws/show/2206-19#Text (data zvernennia 14.10.2022).
- Hrytsenko Ya. A. Napriamy udoskonalennia systemy orhanizatsii nadannia oftalmolohichnoi dopomohy naselenniu v umovakh detsentralizatsii. Publichne upravlinnia v Ukraini: istoriia derzhavotvorennia, vyklyky ta perspektyvy : materialy XII naukovoi Internet-konferentsii (Odesa, 28 travnia 2021 roku). Odesa: Odeskyi rehionalnyi instytut derzhavnoho upravlinnia NADU pry Prezydentovi Ukrainy. 2021. S. 80–83.
- Dufynets V. A. Optymizovana suchasna rehionalna systema nadannia oftalmolohichnoi dopomohy naselenniu v umovakh bahatoukladnosti okhorony zdorovia. Visnyk sotsialnoi hihiieny ta orhanizatsii okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy. 2016. № 2(68). S. 32–38. DOI 10.11603/1681-2786.2016.2.6738.
- Kilkist pobutovykh ta viiskovykh travm ochei u ditei pid chas viiny zrostaie – ekspert / Interfaks-Ukraina. 30.06.2022. URL: https://interfax.com.ua/news/pharmacy/ 842812.html (data zvernennia 24.10.2022).
- Konventsiia pro zakhyst tsyvilnoho naselennia pid chas viiny. Zheneva, 12.08.1949. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/995_154#Text (data zvernennia 24.10.2022).
- MOZ ta NSZU doklaly maksymum zusyl, shchob vtrymaty systemu okhorony zdorovia pid chas viiny, – Viktor Liashko. 05.10.22. URL: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/ news/moz-ta-nszu-doklaly-maksymum-zusyl-shchob-vtrymaty-systemu-okhorony- zdorovia-pid-chas-viiny-viktor-liashko (data zvernennia 25.10.2022).
- MOZ Ukrainy. Deiaki pytannia nadannia pervynnoi medychnoi dopomohy v umovakh voiennoho stanu: Nakaz № 196 vid 17.03.2022. URL: https://moz.gov.ua/article/ministry-mandates/nakaz-moz-ukraini-vid-17032... (data zvernennia 25.10.2022).
- MOZ Ukrainy. Kontseptsiia reformy finansuvannia systemy okhorony zdorovia Ukrainy. URL: https://uoz.cn.ua/reforma022016.pdf (data zvernennia 19.10.2022).
- MOZ Ukrainy. Poriadok orhanizatsii ochnoproteznoi medychnoi dopomohy: Nakaz № 372 vid 14.05.2013. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1053-13#Text (data zvernennia 14.10.2022).
- MOZ Ukrainy. Pro zatverdzhennia pereliku medychnoho obladnannia dlia zabezpechennia potreb sfery okhorony zdorovia v umovakh voiennoho stanu: Nakaz № 761 vid 09.05.2022. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/rada/show/v0761282-22#Text(data zvernennia 25.10.2022).
- MOZ Ukrainy. Pro zatverdzhennia protokoliv nadannia medychnoi dopomohy za spetsialnistiu «Oftalmolohiia»: Nakaz № 117 vid 15.03.2007. URL: https://zakon.rada. gov.ua/rada/show/v0117282-07#Text (data zvernennia 18.10.2022).
- MOZ Ukrainy. Pro poriadok kontroliu yakosti medychnoi dopomohy : Nakaz № 752 vid 28.09.2012. URL: htt https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1996-12#Text (data zvernennia 16.10.2022).
- MOZ Ukrainy. Pro systemu oftalmolohichnoi dopomohy naselenniu Ukrainy: Nakaz № 372 vid 14.05.2013. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/z1051-13#Text (data zvernennia 14.10.2022).
- MOZ Ukrainy. Standart ekstrenoi medychnoi dopomohy «Medychne sortuvannia pry masovomu nadkhodzhenni postrazhdalykh na rannomu hospitalnomu etapi». URL: https://medplatforma.com.ua/files/news- medsprava/5152/standart_emd_postrazhdalih.pdf?utm_medium=refer&utm_source=medpl atforma.com.ua&utm_term=888&utm_content=article&utm_campaign=red_block_content_file_gr (data zvernennia 24.10.2022).
- Ofitsiinyi kanal MOZ Ukrainy u Facebook. URL: https://www.facebook.com/ moz.ukr (data zvernennia 29.10.2022).
- Prezydent Ukrainy. Pro Tsili staloho rozvytku Ukrainy na period do 2030 roku : Ukaz №722/2019. URL: https://www.president.gov.ua/documents/7222019-29825 (data zvernennia 17.10.2022).
- Rykov S. O., Medvedovska N. V., Barinov Yu. V. Retrospektyvnyi analiz rehionalnykh osoblyvostei kadrovoho zabezpechennia oftalmolohichnoi sluzhby Ukrainy. Arkhiv oftalmolohii Ukrainy. 2019. № 2. S. 6–10. DOI: 10.22141/2309- 8126.96.36.1999.169681.
- RNBO Ukrainy. Pro stan natsionalnoi systemy okhorony zdorovia ta nevidkladni zakhody shchodo zabezpechennia hromadian Ukrainy medychnoiu dopomohoiu: Rishennia № n0052525-21 vid 20.08.2021. URL: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/ show/n0052525-21#Text (data zvernennia 14.10.2022).
- Saksonov S. H., Hruzieva T. S., Vitovska O. P. Resursne zabezpechennia diialnosti fakhivtsiv oftalmolohichnoho profiliu yak skladova yakosti medychnoi dopomohy. Problemy kharchuvannia. 2017. № 2. S. 17–23.
- Uriadovyi ofis koordynatsii yevropeiskoi ta yevroatlantychnoi intehratsii. Pidkhody, praktyky, pryntsypy i standarty NATO v sektori bezpeky i oborony Ukrainy. URL: https://www.kmu.gov.ua/storage/app/sites/1/18%20-%20Department/18%20-%20PDF/2022/09.2022/broshura_UA.pdf (data zvernennia 27.10.2022).
- WHO. Quality health services. URL: https://www.who.int/news-room/fact- sheets/detail/quality-health-services (data zvernennia 25.10.2022).
- WHO. World report on vision – 2019. URL: https://www.who.int/publications/ i/item/9789241516570 (data zvernennia 25.10.2022).