The article is devoted to the problems of developing foreign trade relations between Ukraine and China, as China ranks first in terms of trade among other trade partners of Ukraine. The article analyzes the reasons for China’s interest in Ukraine and possible benefits for our country. The countries’ export, import, foreign trade turnover, and foreign trade balance indicators are studied. The calculated indicators allowed us to state a positive trade balance for most goods, which indicates the advantage of exports over imports. The growth rates of exports and imports for the main product groups are calculated. It is concluded that the dynamics of international trade for ferrous metals, seeds, and fruits export growth rates are the highest, and electric machines and flour products — the lowest. The necessity of direct investments for further development in all spheres of the economy is substantiated. The structure of investment cooperation between Ukraine and China is analyzed, and conclusions are made about the number of direct investments coming from China. Based on the research and study of literature sources on the selected topic, the following conclusions were drawn on the prospects of foreign trade relations between China and Ukraine: it is advisable to study in detail the development of China’s interests to adjust Ukraine’s export policy to revive cooperation partners of Ukraine; as for the Ukrainian-Chinese trade relations, the following product groups have particular prospects for development: already positive in the foreign trade balance (corn, soybeans, barley, dairy products, honey), negative in the foreign trade balance (poultry, pork, fruits, vegetables) ) and products that do not require special state permits (sunflower oil and a wide range of food products). It is expedient to develop bilateral relations in mutually beneficial areas for both countries; there is a positive trade balance for most goods. For ferrous metals, seeds, and fruits, the export growth rates are the highest. For electric machines and flour products — the lowest, we need to emphasize the stabilization of exports of commodity groups, where export growth has increased. Ukraine needs to make tremendous efforts to join the “One Belt, One Road” initiative as a participant: because our country is only a watchdog. Also, you need to show more initiative and declare your desire to join the project “16 + 1”.
1. Zakon Ukrainy. Pro ratyfikatsiiu Dohovoru pro druzhbu i spivrobitnytstvo mizh Ukrainoiu i Kytaiskoiu Narodnoiu Respublikoiu [Law of Ukraine. On the ratification of the Treaty of Friendship and Cooperation between Ukraine and the People's Republic of China]. Retrieved from: http://search.ligazakon.ua/l_doc2.nsf/link1/T141271.html
2. Serhii Herasymchuk, Yurii Poita. (2018) Ukraina - Kytai pislia 2014: nova storinka u vidnosynakh. Mozhlyvosti i perspektyvy, pereshkody i ryzyky [Ukraine - China after 2014: a new page in relations. Opportunities and prospects, obstacles and risks]. Retrieved from: https://library.fes.de/pdf-files/bueros/ukraine/14704.pdf
3. Klymenko I. V.. Analitychna zapyska. [Analytical note]. Retrieved from: http://old2.niss.gov.ua/articles/1359/
4. Vitalii Khvorostianyi (2020). Kytai - potuzhnyi biznes-partner chy zahroza dlia Ukrainy. [China - a powerful business partner or threat to Ukraine]. Retrieved from: https://agropolit.com/spetsproekty/791-kitay--potujniy-biznes-partner-ch...
5. Fursenko I. V. (2020). Rozvytok ukrainsko-kytaiskoi spivpratsi: zahrozy y mozhlyvosti. [Development of Ukrainian-Chinese cooperation: threats and opportunities]. Retrieved from: https://agropolit.com/blog/408-rozvitok-ukrayinsko- kitayskogo-spivrobitnitstva-zagrozi-i-mojlivosti
6. Iatsenko O. M. (2019). Torhovelno-ekonomichne spivrobitnytstvo Ukrainy ta Kytaiu: mozhlyvosti ta zahrozy [Trade and economic cooperation between Ukraine and China: opportunities and threats]. Retrieved from:https://sinologist.com.ua/yatsenko-o-m-torgovelno-ekonomichne-spivrobitn...
7. Vlasenko L. V. (2017). Dominantni tendentsii rozvytku ukrainsko-kytaiskoi torhivli. [Dominant trends in the development of Ukrainian-Chinese trade]. Retrieved from: http://www.ej.kherson.ua/journal/economic_22/1/6.pdf
8. Makohon Yu. V. (2019). Spivrobitnytstvo Ukrainy ta Kytaiu na suchasnomu etapi. [Cooperation between Ukraine and China at the present stage]. Retrieved from: http://ev.fmm.kpi.ua/article/view/181695
9. Ostashko Tamara Oleksiivna (2018) Osoblyvosti torhovelnoi polityky Kytaiu i perspektyvy eksportu Ukrainy do KNR. [Features of China's trade policy and prospects for Ukraine's exports to China]. Retrieved from: https://journal.eae.com.ua/index.php/journal/article/download/29/18/
10. Loiko V. V., Ramskyi A. Yu. (2018) Ekonomichne spivrobitnytstvo mizh Ukrainoiu i Kytaiem: realii ta perspektyvy. [Economic cooperation between Ukraine and China: realities and prospects]. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/pdf/10_2018/3.pdf
11. Li Inin, Zakharin S. V., Volosiuk M. V. (2018). Perspektyvy zrostannia torhovo-ekonomichnoho spivrobitnytstva KNR ta Ukrainy v konteksti realizatsii initsiatyvy "Odyn poias - Odyn shliakh". [Prospects for growth of trade and economic cooperation between China and Ukraine in the context of the initiative "One Belt - One Way"]. URL: http://www.economy.in.ua/pdf/5_2018/5.pdf
12. Hlushchenko Ya. I., Storchak V. M. (2018). Analiz zovnishnotorhovelnykh vidnosyn Ukrainy i Kytaiskoi Narodnoi Respubliky. [Analysis of foreign trade relations between Ukraine and the People's Republic of China]. Retrieved from:http://economyandsociety.in.ua/journals/16_ukr/9.pdf
13. Skorobohatova N. Ie., Korolova S. H. (2019). Naukovo-tekhnichne spivrobitnytstvo Ukrainy ta Kytaiu v konteksti industrii 4.0. [Scientific and technical cooperation between Ukraine and China in the context of Industry 4.0]. Retrieved from: http://www.market-infr.od.ua/journals/2019/29_2019_ukr/8.pdf
14. Honcharuk A. Z., Hobova Ye. V., Kiktenko V. O., Koval O. A., Koshovyi S. A. (2016). Audyt Zovnishnoi Polityky: Ukraina-Kytai. [Audit of Foreign Policy: Ukraine-China]. Retrieved from: https://sinologist.com.ua/audit- zovnishnoyi-politiki-ukrayina-kitaj/
15. Chzhan Khun (2017). Initsiatyva "Odyn Poias, Odyn Shliakh": Ryzyky spivrobitnytstva mizh Kytaiem ta Ukrainoiu ta protydiia yim. [One Belt - One Road Initiative: Risks of cooperation between China and Ukraine and counteraction to them].Retrieved from: https://sinologist.com.ua/chzhan-hun-initsiatyva-odyn-poyas-odyn-shlyah-...
16. Trade map (2021). [Trade map]. Retrieved from: https://www.trademap.org/Bilateral_TS.aspx?nvpm=5%7c804%7c%7c156%7c%7cTO...
17. Eksportnyi potentsial (2021). [Export potential]. Retrieved from:https://exportpotential.intracen.org/en/products/tree-map?exporter=804&f...
18. Volovyk I. A., Stetsenko O. M.. Dotsilnist vykorystannia zovnishnoekonomichnykh indykatoriv dlia prohnozuvannia valiutnykh kursiv. [The feasibility of using foreign economic indicators to forecast exchange rates]. Retrieved from: http://www.economy.nayka.com.ua/?op=1&z=1499
19. Pavlo Kalashnyk (2021) U 2020 r. Kytai buv holovnym torhovelnym partnerom Ukrainy - mytna sluzhba. [2020 - China was the main trade partner of Ukraine - the customs service].Retrieved from: https://www.radiosvoboda.org/ a/news-kytay-ukrayina/31043704.html