The labor market is a complex socio-economic phenomenon that requires constant monitoring and regulation. There are a significant number of definitions of this concept, which are significantly different and quite harmoniously complement each other. At the same time, scientists use complex, systemic and dialectical approaches. Scientists consider typical models of the labor market: American, Japanese, Swedish and Chinese, which differ in a number of key features and principles of operation. The labor market in the process of formation and functioning performs a number of functions: social
division of labor; informational; mediational; professional counseling; regulatory; pricing; proportionality of the distribution of labor in accordance with the structure of social needs and the development of scientific and technological progress; reserve. Herewith, as a separate element of a market economy, it interacts with markets: capital, raw materials, information, educational and scientific services, health care, cultural and spiritual services, household and social services, housing, innovation, etc. The demand and supply of labor, its cost and price are the main elements of the labor market. Labor exists in the labor market as a specific commodity, which is characterized by a number of features different from other products of a market economy. In the process of buying and selling labor, a number of relations arise between the subjects of the labor market, which constitute a certain system. The ratio of supply and demand of labor, in other words conjuncture of market, are formed under the influence of internal and external factors of the labor market, as well as the level of employment and unemployment. There are three types of conjuncture of labor market: equilibrium, redundant labor and insufficient labor. Labor market conditions are changing due to the natural and mechanical movement of labor and jobs. In Ukraine, the labor market situation is characterized by structural disparities between labor supply and demand, which have become a chronic problem of the national economy. PEST-analysis as a marketing tool should be used to determine the importance of the influence of various factors on the formation conjuncture of labor market. It includes political, legal, economic, socio-cultural and technological factors of the external environment. Market instruments and partly means of active and passive state policy of employment regulation should be used to regulate the labor market. The main regulators will be to remain: the country’s legislation, economic laws, the trade union movement and the media, national traditions, mentality, climatic and historical conditions of the country.
1. Petiukh V. M. (1999). Rynok pratsi [Labor market]. Kyiv.
2. Gorbunov V. O. (2010). Urakhuvannia dysproportsii na rynku pratsi Ukrainy pry rozrobtsi dovhostro- kovykh prohram diialnosti pidpryiemstv [Taking into account disparities in the labor market of Ukraine in the development of long-term programs of enterprises]. Luhansk.
3. Zakon Ukrainy "Pro zainiatist naselennia" (2012). [Law of Ukraine "On Employment"], No 5067-VI vid 05.07.2012. Retrieved from : https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/5067-17#Text
4. Herchanivska S. V., Petrenko N. I., Kachmar O. V. (2021). Sutnist i kharakterystyka osnovnykh poniat rynku pratsi v sotsialno-ekonomichnii systemi [The essence and characteristics of the basic concepts of the labor market in the socio-economic system]. Ahrosvit [Agrosvit], 7-8: 53-59.
5. Marshavin Yu. M. (2001). Shliakhy udoskonalennia instytutsiinoho zabezpechennia rozvytku rynku pratsi Ukrainy [Ways to improve the institutional support of the labor market of Ukraine]. Zainiatist ta rynok pratsi [Employment and labor market]. 14: 99-110.
6. Tarshyna O. S. (2006). Teoretychni aspekty zainiatosti trudovykh resursiv ta formuvannia rynku robochoi syly [Theoretical aspects of employment and labor market formation]. Ekonomika ta derzhava [Economy and state]. 4: 92-95.
7. Horilyi A. H. (1999). Ekonomika rynkiv pratsi [Economics of labor markets]. Ternopil.
8. Holovko M. L., Pastukhov V. P. (1998). Zainiatist naselennia Ukrainy : sotsialno-ekonomichni, pravovita istorychni aspekty pratsi [Employment of the population of Ukraine: socio-economic, legal and historical aspects of labor]. Kyiv.
9. Rubezhanska V. O. (2016). Vplyv faktoriv zovnishnoho seredovyshcha na suchasnyi rynok pratsi [Influence of environmental factors on the modern labor market]. Naukovyi visnyk Khersonskoho derzhavnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomichni nauky [Scientific Bulletin of Kherson State University. Series: Economic Sciences]. 20. 2: 136-140.
10. Zavinovska H. T. (2003). Ekonomika pratsi [Economics of labor]. Kyiv.
11. Baranyk Z. P., Kovalevskyi Yu. A. (2009). Metodychni zasady formuvannia systemy statystychnykh po- kaznykiv spivvidnoshennia popytu i propozytsii robochoi syly [Methodical principles of forming a system of statistical indicators of the ratio of supply and demand of labor]. Ekonomika ta pidpryiemnytstvo : zb. nauk. pr. molodykh uchenykh ta aspirantiv / vidp. red. S. I. Demianenko [Economics and Entrepreneurship: Coll. Science. etc. of young scientists and graduate students / resp. ed. SI Demyanenko]. 23. 371-378.
12. Dankiv V. V. (2013). Rynok pratsi yak element rynkovoi koniunktury [Labor market as an element of market conditions]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia: Ekonomika [Scientific Bulletin of Uzhhorod National University. Series: Economics]. 3 (40). Retrieved from : https://dspace.uzhnu.edu.ua/jspui/handle/lib/1151
13. Baranovskyi A. Y. (2007). Chelovecheskyi kapytal v sovremennoi ekonomyke [Human capital in the modern economy]. Standarty y monytorynh v obrazovanyy [Standards and monitoring in education]. 1. 20-21.
14. Vasylchenko V. S., Vasylenko P. M. (2000). Rynok pratsi : teoretychni osnovy i derzhavna praktyka : posibnyk dlia pratsivnykiv derzhavnoi sluzhby zainiatosti [Labor market: theoretical foundations and public practice: a guide for employees of the state employment service]. Kyiv.
15. Shapovalov V. V. (2016). Teoretychne doslidzhennia katehorii rynku pratsi [Theoretical study of labor market categories]. Ekonomika i suspilstvo [Economy and society]. 5: 122-125.
16. Pavliuk T. I., Kovalova A. A., Nikolaichuk N. P. (2016). Osoblyvosti rynku pratsi v Ukraini [Features of the labor market in Ukraine]. Naukovyi visnyk Mykolaivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni V. O. Sukhom- lynskoho [Scientific Bulletin of the Nikolaev National University named after VO Sukhomlinsky]. 8: 876-881.