The article is devoted to the study of issues related to the peculiarities of the development and implementation of the strategy of the development of the brand of enterprises in the conditions of European integration. The article analyzes the constituent elements of brand management and defines the place and role of brand development strategy. It was established that in brand management it is customary to distinguish five main stages (phases): formation of a brand vision, creating a portrait of a trademark, positioning of the brand on the market and in the minds of consumers, development of a strategy for managing its assets, formation of an organizational culture that supports strategic management.
Peculiarities of the formation of a national brand based on the formation and development of branding of the territory; management of the country’s reputation and image; effective use of competitive advantages; creation of favorable conditions for the main stakeholders have been studied. An analysis of the top 10 most expensive national brands in the world in 2021 was carried out, and key trends in the development of national brands were determined according to the data of the “Brand Finance” rating.
The key factors affecting the development and implementation of the company’s brand development strategy in the conditions of European integration have been established, they are factors of the internal and external environment that have a direct impact on the development and implementation of the company’s brand development strategy in the conditions of European integration; cross-cultural features of the European market.
The problems associated with the implementation of brand management in the conditions of European integration; caused by the ineffectiveness of the developed brand development strategy and its inconsistency with the challenges of the external market were summarized. The generally accepted rules to which the company’s brand development strategy in the conditions of European integration must comply are studied: the brand must contain information about the quality and advantages of the service provided by the company; the name of the brand should be simple, clear, easy to remember and pronounce, should contain attributes that help to recognize it; brand legitimacy; the presence of distinctive features from other brands on the market.
The process of creation an enterprise brand development strategy in the conditions of European integration is proposed, it involves the implementation of successive stages: market and competitor analysis, target audience analysis, branding and brand audit, development of communication technologies, formation of an enterprise brand development strategy in the conditions of European integration.
- Oberemchuk V. F. (2012) Formuvannia ta realizatsiia efektyvnykh stratehii rozvytku brenda yak zasib pidvyshchennia konkurentospromozhnosti pidpryiemstva [Formation and implementation of effective brand development strategies as a means of increasing the competitiveness of the enterprise]. Ahrosvit, No. 18, 17–21.
- Polishko H. H. (2015). Svitovyi dosvid stvorennia natsionalnykh brendiv [World experience in creating national brands]. Biznes-Inform, No. 11, S. 80–85.
- Nation Brands (2021). The annual report on the most valuable and strongest nation brands. URL: https://brandirectory.com/rankings/nation-brands/
- Nation Brands (2021). The annual report on the most valuable and strongest nation brands. URL: https://brandirectory.com/download-report/brand-finance-nation-brands-2021-preview.pdf
- Top-100 naidorozhchykh brendiv svitu: naishvydshe zrostaiut tekhnokompanii [Top 100 most expensive brands in the world: the fastest growing technology companies]. URL: https://mind.ua/news/20232425-top-100- najdorozhchih-brendiv-svitu-najshvidshe-zrostayut-tehnokompaniyi.
- Kabanova O. O. (2018). Otsinka natsionalnykh brendiv v konteksti formuvannia imidzhevoi ekonomiky [Assessment of national brands in the context of image economy formation]. Naukovyi visnyk Uzhhorodskoho natsionalnoho universytetu. Seriia “Mizhnarodni ekonomichni vidnosyny ta svitove hospodarstvo, Vol. 17. Ch. 1, 179–185.
- Davis S. (2009). Building the Brand Driven Business: Operationalize Your Brand to Drive Profitable Growth. San Francisco: Jossey-Bass, 320 p.
- Pashchenko O. P., Zakapko O. I. & Borushchak N. O. (2020). Teoretychni ta praktychni aspekty brend- menedzhmentu pidpryiemstv restorannoho hospodarstva [Theoretical and practical aspects of brand management of restaurant enterprises]. Pryazovskyi ekonomichnyi visnyk: elektronne fakhove vydannia, 126–131.
- A Simple Brand Development Strategy. URL: http://www.adherecreative.com/blog/bid/65021/A- SimpleBrand-Development-Strategy.
- Smerichevskyi S. F., Petropavlovska S. Ye. & Radchenko O. A. (2019). Brend-menedzhment: navch. posib. [Brand management: manual]. K.: NAU, 156 р.