The article is devoted to obtaining a porous filler from the slag of the Thermal Power Plant and investigation of the filtration method for the drying of slag and clay as main raw materials for preparing the charge for porous filler production.
The possibility of using TPP slag as the raw material for the production of porous filler has been proved. The main benefits of using such wastes in the production process are environmental protection, conservation of raw resources for the production of finished products. According to the results of the research, insignificant values of the pressure drop confirm the application feasibility of the filtration drying as an energy-saving method of the drying of slag and clay for preparing the charge for porous filler production. The influence of the temperature of the drying agent in the range from 313 to 373K on kinetic during filtration drying of slag and clay has been established. Obtained results are useful for the organization and intensification of the filtration drying process of slag and clay as the preliminary stage at the porous fillers production line. The qualitative new porous filler with the bulk density of 230 kg/m3, the specific heat of 0,82 kJ/kg∙K, the thermal conductivity of 0,067 W/m∙K and compressive strength of 27,7 MPa has been obtained which can be used for the production of lightweight concretes.
1. Cheng, T.W., & Chen, Y. S. (2004). Characterisation of glass ceramics made from incinerator fly ash. Ceramics International. 30, 343–349. doi: https://doi.org/10.1016/S0272-8842(03)00106-8
2. Ciocinta, R., Harja, M., Bucur, D., Rusu L., Barbuta M., & Munteanu C. (2012). Improving soil quality by adding modified ash. Environmental Engineering and Management Journal, 11(2), 297-305. doi: https://doi.org/10.30638/EEMJ.2012.038
3. Delitzin, L. M., Ezhova, N. N., Vlasov, A. S. & Sudareva, S. V. (2012). Ash disposal areas of coal's power stations as the threat to environmental safety. Ecology of industrial production, 4, 15–26.
4. Kindzera D., Hosovskyi, R., Atamanyuk, V. & Symak, D. (2020). Heat transfer process during drying of grinded biomass in a fixed bed dryer. Chem. Chem. Technology, 15 (1), 118–124. doi: https://doi.org/10.23939/chcht15.01.118
5. Miakaieva, H. (2018). Modeliuvannia tekhnohennoho vplyvu obiektiv teploenerhetyky na hidrosferu. (Dysertatsiia kandydata tekhnichnykh nauk). Sumskyi derzhavnyi universytet. Sumy.
6. Mammadov, H., Gadirov. M. (2018). Application of slags from thermal power station as an effective initial material in the production of artificial porous filler. International Journal of Engineering & Technology, 7(3,14), 461-466. doi: https://doi.org/10.14419/ijet.v7i3.14.17043
7. Pohrebennyk, V. (2016). Influence of Dobrotvir thermal power plant on environmental specifications. Environmental problems, 1(1), 83-89.
8. Work attachments (2021). Ash Use in the Road Construction UA. Retrieved from http://ppv.net.ua/uploads/work_attachments/Ash_Use_in_the_Road_Construct...
9. Yatsyshyn, A. V., Matvieieva, I. V., Kovach, V. O., Artemchuk, O. V. & Kameneva, I. P. (2018). Osoblyvosti vplyvu zolovidvaliv pidpryiemstv teploenerhetyky na navkolyshnie seredovyshche. Problemy nadzvychajnyh sytuasij, 2(28), 57-68. doi: https://doi.org/10.5281/zenodo.2594489
10. Yatsyshyn, A. (2013). Kompleksne otsiniuvannia ta upravlinnia ekolohichnoiu bezpekoiu pry zabrudnenniakh atmosfernoho povitria. (Dysertatsiia doktora tekhnichnykh nauk). DU «IHNS NAN Ukrainy». Kyiv.