Purpose. The aim of this work was to evaluate changes in the transfer characteristics of the seismic environment with additional loading of massive engineering structures. This analysis will help to more accurately assess the characteristics of sedimentary layer in the study of the transfer characteristics of environment under the engineering structures already at the design stage of construction. Methodology. Frequency characteristic of environment was obtained by solving the direct dynamic seismic problem. To solve this problem and calculate the stress-strain state of the environment was used finite element method. The value of this method of mathematical modeling is the ability to make calculations for environments with complex geometrical structure and various inclusions. Setting a signal as close to the delta impulse, we receive environment response in the full possible frequency range of fluctuations in the models, without additional processing input and output signal. Results. Calculation of stress-strain state of the sedimentary layer under the large engineering structures was carried out. Wave field in the surrounding environment was modeled. Calculation of stress-strain state of the sedimentary layer and modeling of wave field for this environment was conducted for the three models: the first – the model of the sedimentary layer without engineering structures; the second and third model – the same environment with placed engineering structures with base of the foundation 46 m and 86 m, respectively. Transfer characteristics of sedimentary layer of the three models were calculated. The conducted simulation showed that the transfer characteristic of environment changes significantly depending on the load caused by buildings. Scientific innovation. Showed approach allows us to calculate the transfer characteristics of the sedimentary layer that will characterize the environment after the change of the stress-strain state, only using mathematical methods without making instrumental studies. Practical significance. This technique allows to evaluate the transfer characteristics of the seismic environment and its change at the design stage of complex structures and make necessary corrections already at this stage.
1. Bate K., Vilson E. Chislennye metody analiza i metod konechnyh jelementov [Numerical methods of analysis and finite element method]. Moscow, 1982, Strojizdat, 448 p.
2. Brych T .B. Matematychne modeliuvannia vplyvu protsesu pohlyblennia naftohazovoi sverdlovyny na napruzheno-deformovanyi stan hirskoho masyvu [Mathematical modeling of the influence of deepening of oil and gas well on rock stress-strain state]. Visnyk Lvivskoho universytetu. Seriia fizychna, 2010, No. 45, pp. 135–141.
3. Verbytskyi S. T, Brych T. B., Rozhok N. I., Kuplovskyi B. Ye. Metod Nakamury ta metod skinchenykh elementiv pry doslidzhenni AChKhS. [Nakamura's technique and finite element method in solid amplitude-frequency response investigation]. Geodynamic, 2011, No. 2(11), pp. 38–40.
4. Il'jushin A. A. Mehanika sploshnoj sredy [Continuum mechanics]. Moscow, 1978, Izdatel'stvo Moskovskogo universiteta, 288 p.
5. Kendzera O. V. Seismichna nebezpeka i zakhyst vid zemletrusiv (praktychne vprovadzhennia rozrobok Instytutu heofizyky im. S.I. Subbotina NAN Ukrainy) [Seismic hazard assessment and protection against earthquakes (Practical applications of developments of Subbotin Institute of Geophysics of NAS of Ukraine)]. Visnyk Natsionalnoi akademii nauk Ukrainy. 2015, No. 2, pp. 44–57. Available at: http://nbuv.gov.ua/j-pdf/vnanu_2015_2_10.pdf. https://doi.org/10.15407/visn2015.02.044
6. Kendzera O., Semenova Yu. Vrakhuvannia amplitudno-chastotnykh kharakterystyk gruntovoi tovshchi pry seismichnomu mikroraionuvanni budivelnoho maidanchyka v m. Odesi [Considering of amplitude-frequency characteristics of soil thicker under seismic microzoning of building site in Odesa]. Visnyk Kyivskoho natsionalnoho universytetu imeni Tarasa Shevchenka. Seriia Heolohiia. 2010, No. 2(49), pp. 10–13.
7. Kuplovskyi B .Ye. Modeliuvannia khvylovoho polia dlia skladnykh seismichnykh rozriziv [Design of wave field for complicated arranged seismic cuts]. Visnyk Lvivskoho universytetu. Seriia fizychna, 2010, No. 45, pp. 141–150.
8. Sedov L. I. Mehanika sploshnoj sredy. 2 t [Continuum mechanics]. Moscow, 1984, Nauka, 560 p.
9. Starostenko V. I., Kendzera O. V., Omelchenko V. D., Verbytskyi S. T., Verbytskyi Yu. T., Amashukeli T. A., Lisovyi Yu. V., Rozhok N. I. Seismolohichni doslidzhennia dlia Chornobylskoi AES [Seismological Investigation for Chernobyl NPP]. Natsionalna akademiia nauk Ukrainy — Chornobyliu: Zbirnyk naukovykh prats. / NAN Ukrainy. Natsionalna biblioteka Ukrainy im. V. I. Vernadskoho; Redkol.:O. S. Onyshchenko (hol.) ta in. Kyiv, 2006, Available at: http://www.nbuv.gov.ua/books/2006/chernobyl/svi.pdf.
10. Timoshenko S. P., Gud'er Dzh. Teorija uprugosti [Theory of elasticity]. Moscow, 1975, Nauka, 576 p.
11. Bathe K.-J., Finite element procedures in engineering analysis. New Jersey, 1982, Prentice-Hall, Inc., Englewood Cliffs, 738 p.
12. David V. Hutton, Fundamentals of Finite Element Analysis. New York, 2004, McGraw-Hill, 495 p.
13. Singiresu S. Rao, The Finite Element Method in Engineering. Fourth edition. Miami, 2004, Elsevier Science & Technology Books, 664 p.
14. Zienkiewicz O. C., R. L.Taylor. The Finite Element Method for solid and structural mechanics. Six edition. Vol. 1–3. Oxford, 2005, Elsevier Butterworth-Heinemann, 632 p.
15. Zhangxin Chen, Finite Element Methods and Their Applications. Berlin, 2005, Springer, 411 p.