In the current conditions of globalization and European integration, the need for the development of innovative economy and activation of export activity, innovation capacity is one of the key drivers of export diversification towards science-intensive products. An important prerequisite for starting and developing export activity is not only the availability of sufficient innovation potential, but also the willingness, need and feasibility of introducing and commercializing innovative products in foreign markets. The innovation capacity is a comprehensive indicator that covers all internal and external factors that reflect an entity's ability to innovate under certain existing conditions.
The use of innovative capacity by domestic enterprises in the form of introduction and commercialization of innovations in foreign markets will ensure the development of Ukrainian technological exports. At the same time, innovative activity of domestic enterprises in foreign markets on the basis of monitoring the activities of key market entities (consumers, competitors, partners) leads to the learning of business structure through the acquisition and absorption of innovative ideas and experience.
All of the above mentioned forms a closed cyclical process, which is based on the following key tenets: under the influence of integration and globalization processes, as well as the functioning of an integrated network of stakeholders, the innovative capacity of the enterprise is an effective driver for the implementation and commercialization of the results of its innovative activity at the foreign markets; during the commercialization of the results of innovative activity of the enterprise, their diffusion between potential consumers occurs; due to innovation activity during the commercialization of the results of innovative activity , the enterprise monitors consumers, counterparties, competitors, who may be carriers of future innovative ideas, and thus the export-learning mechanism is implemented; the result of learning by exporting can be the absorption of innovative ideas by the enterprise that increase the level of its innovation capacity.
- The World Bank Open Data (2017), "Medium and High-Tech Industry. United Nations Industrial Development Organization (UNIDO), Competitive Industrial Performance (CIP) database", available at: https://data.worldbank.org/indicator/NV.MNF.TECH.ZS.UN?locations=UA-TO&m... (accessed at 15 February 2020).
- Bloomberg (2019), "Bloomberg Innovation Index.Germany Breaks Korea's Six-Year Streak as Most Innovative Nation", available at: https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2020-01-18/germany-breaks-korea-... year-streak-as-most-innovative-nation (accessed at 18 March 2020).
- The Global Innovation Index (2019), "Report: The Global Innovation Index Rankings 2019", available at: https://www.globalinnovationindex.org/gii-2019-report# (accessed at 3 March 2020).
- The World Economic Forum (2019), "The Global Competitiveness Report 2019", available at: http://www3.weforum.org/docs/WEF_TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2019.pdf (accessed at 22 February 2020).
- The European Commission (2019), "The European innovation scoreboard 2019", available at: https://ec.europa.eu/growth/industry/policy/innovation/scoreboards_en (accessed at 7 March 2020).
- Kabinet Ministriv Ukrainy (2017), Rozporiadzhennia pro skhvalennia Eksportnoi stratehii Ukrainy na 2017-2021 rr. vid 27 hrudnia 2017 r. [Decree on approval of the Ukrainian Export Strategy for 2017-2021 of December 27, 2017], available at: https://zakon.rada.gov.ua/laws/show/1017-2017-%D1%80 (accessed at 10 February 2020).
- Mińska-Struzik Ewa (2014), Od eksportu do innowacji. Uczenie się przez eksport , Warszawa, Difin SA.
- Salomon R. and Shaver J. M. (2005), "Learning by Exporting: New Insights from Examining Firm Innovation", Journal of Economics and Management Strategy, 14(2), 431-460.
- Blalock G. And Getler, P. (2004), "Learning from exporting revisited in a less developed country", Journal of Development Economics, 75, 397-416.
- Aw B. Y., Roberts M. J. and Winston T. (2007), "The complementary role of exports and R&D investments as Sources of Productivity Growth", The World Economics, 30(1), 83-104.
- Polski Instytut Ekonomiczny (2019), Liderzy rewolucji technologicznej w polskim eksporcie, Warszawa, Polski Instytut Ekonomiczny.
- Kostsyk R. S. (2012), Komertsializatsiia innovatsiinoi produktsii: sutnist, znachennia ta pryntsypy zdiisnennia [Commercialization of innovative products: essence, values and principles of implementation]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika", Seriia: "Menedzhment ta pidpryiemnytstvo v Ukraini: etapy stanovlennia ta problemy rozvytku"[Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University, Series: "Management and Entrepreneurship in Ukraine: Stages of Formation and Development Problems"], 727, 320-328.
- Vankovych L. Ya. (2016). Sutnist poniattia "dyfuziia rezultativ innovatsiinoi diialnosti pidpryiemstva" [The essence of the concept of "diffusion of results of enterprise innovation activity"]. Visnyk Natsionalnoho universytetu "Lvivska politekhnika", Seriia: "Menedzhment ta pidpryiemnytstvo v Ukraini: etapy stanovlennia ta problemy rozvytku"[Bulletin of the Lviv Polytechnic National University, Series: "Management and Entrepreneurship in Ukraine: Stages of Formation and Development Problems"], 851, 134-139.