At the present stage, the knowledge-intensive services sector is one of the key drivers of the global knowledge-based economy. Knowledge-intensive services cover a wide range of market, finan- cial, high-tech, social and other services based on the knowledge and experience of highly qualified specialists. This type of services acts as a catalyst for innovation activities of organizations based on an organic combination of production processes, research and development activities and consumer needs.
Based on the study of a wide range of literary sources on the problems of innovation, innovation activities, knowledge-intensive services the concept of "knowledge-intensive services" was clarified, under which it is proposed to understand a wide range of services that are based on the knowledge of highly qualified professionals and acting as a catalyst for innovation activities of organizations based on an organic combination of production, science and consumers.
The results of the analysis of foreign and domestic trends in the export of knowledge-intensive services allow to assert that Ukraine has a significant human resource potential, the implementation of which can provide high volumes of provision of knowledge-intensive services. The positive dynamics of development of knowledge-intensive services export by Ukraine indicates that our country has real prospects to become a successful innovation region in the near future. After all, it has been proven that one of the key catalysts of innovation activity is the services that are based on the knowledge of highly qualified specialists and allow to combine production processes, scientific activity and consumer needs. Thanks to the opportunity to increase exports of knowledge-intensive services, there will be a chance to expand the shares of foreign markets and thus ensure the progressive development of the national economy.
Taking into account all the above-mentioned, the actual task for today is the formation and use of tools to stimulate exports of knowledge-intensive services by domestic business entities to enhance innovation activity. This task should be implemented at all levels of the national economy, which will allow obtaining a synergistic effect in this area. Thus, the level model of development of export of knowledge-intensive services as a catalyst for innovation activity was improved. The proposed model organically combines and systematizes the priority objectives of development of the export of knowledge-intensive services, key stakeholders to be involved in the development of export of knowledge- intensive services in Ukraine, the priority ways, vectors and tools of development of the export of knowledge-intensive services, as well as the expected results of the impact of development of export of knowledge-intensive services at the macro-, meso- and micro-levels of the national economy. In addi- tion, the level model of development of export of knowledge-intensive services as a catalyst for innova- tion activity represents the mechanism of relationships between all structural elements, which allows to achieve a synergistic effect in the development of export of knowledge-intensive services of Ukraine.
- Petrova, Ya. Yu. & Zaverbnyi, A. S. (2021). Problemy ta perspektyvni shliakhy naroshchuvannia obsiahiv eksportuvannia naukomistkykh posluh Ukrainoiu v umovakh yevrointehruvannia [Problems and perspective ways to increase the volume of exports of knowledge-intensive services to Ukraine in the context of European integration]. Naukovyi zhurnal «Menedzhment ta pidpryiemnytstvo v Ukraini: etapy stanovlennia ta problemy rozvytku» [Scientific Journal "Management and Entrepreneurship in Ukraine: Stages of Formation and Problems of Development"], 3(2), 231–239 (in Ukrainian).
- World Economic Forum (2019). The Global Competitiveness Report. https://www3.weforum.org/docs/ WEF_TheGlobalCompetitivenessReport2019.pdf.
- Social Progress Imperative (2020). Social Progress Index. https://www.socialprogress.org/mission.
- Legatum Institute (2020). The Legatum Prosperity Index. https://www.prosperity.com/rankings.
- The Organisation for Economic Co-operation and Development Innovation (2006). Innovation and Knowledge-Intensive Service Activities. https://www.oecd.org/innovation/inno/innovationandknowledge-intensiveser- viceactivities.htm.
- Eurostat (2020). Glossary: Knowledge-intensive services (KIS). https://ec.europa.eu/eurostat/statistics- explained/index.php?title=Glossary:Knowledge-intensive_services_(KIS).
- Balaz, V. (2004). Knowledge-intensive business services in transition economies. The Service Industries Journal, 24(4), 83–100.
- Zieba, M. (2013). Knowledge-intensive business services (KIBS) and their role in the knowledge-based economy. In GUT FME Working Paper Series A, No. 7. Gdańsk University of Technology, Faculty of Management and Economics. https://www.econstor.eu/bitstream/10419/173303/1/wp-gut-fme-a-07-Zieba.pdf.
- Schumpeter, J. (1942). Capitalism, Socialism, and Democracy. Harper & Bro.
- Miles, I. (2005). Knowledge intensive business services: prospects and policies. Foresight. Journal of Future Studies, Strategic Thinking and Policy, 7(6), 39–63.
- Toivonen, M. (2004). Foresight in services: possibilities and special challenges. The Service Industries Journal, 24(1), 79–98.
- Pardos, E., Gomex-Loscos, A. & Rubiera-Morollon, F. (2007). ’Do versus buy’ decisions in the demand for knowledge intensive business services. The Service Industries Journal, 27(3), 233–249.
- Consoli, D. & Elche-Hortelano, D. (2010). Variety in the knowledge base of Knowledge Intensive Business Services. Research Policy, 39(10), 1303–1310.
- Ministry of Economy of Ukraine. (2019). Kros-sektoralna eksportna stratehiia «Innovatsii dlia eksportu» [Cross-sectoral export strategy "Innovation for export"]. https://www.me.gov.ua/Documents/Krossektoralna EksportnaStrategiiainnovatsiiDliaEksportu-doslidzhennia-UkrainskoiuMovoiu (in Ukrainian).
- Yurynets, O. V. (2021). Urhentni instrumenty antykryzovoho upravlinnia: finansovo-ekonomichni ta upravlinski aspekty v umovakh yevroatlantychnoi intehratsii [Urgent tools of crisis management: financial, economic and managerial aspects in the context of Euro-Atlantic integration]. Halytska vydavnycha spilka (in Ukrainian).
- Yurynets, O. V. (2021). Model formuvannia ta vykorystannia mytnykh urhentnykh instrumentiv antykry- zovoho upravlinnia pidpryiemstv v umovakh yevroatlantychnoi intehratsii [Model of formation and use of customs urgent instruments of anti-crisis management of enterprises in the conditions of Euro-Atlantic integration]. Investytsii: praktyka ta dosvid [Investments: practice and experience], 11, 35–41 (in Ukrainian).
- Zhyhalo, O. Yu. (2020). Sutnist innovatsiinoi yemnosti pidpryiemstv, yii vydy ta faktory formuvannia [The essence of the innovation capacity of enterprises, its types and formation factors]. Internauka. Seriia «Eko- nomichni nauky» [Internauka. Economic Sciences Series], 5. https://www.inter-nauka.com/uploads/public/ 16133856169619.pdf (Iin Ukrainian).